Assistant Professor of Automotive
Posting Number: 06001815 Position Title: Assistant Professor of Automotive Posting Date: 02/16/2021 Closing Date: 03/16/2021 Open Until Filled (notes): Length of Position: 9 months per year - academic calendar contract Anticipated Start Date:
Position Type/Employee Class: Full-Time Faculty FTE: 1.0 Salary Level: Assistant Professor Starting Pay Range $50,700 - $60,000 for 9 mos, plus exceptional benefits Hours per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Depending on class schedule Days of the Week: Varies per term Job Summary/Purpose:
PRIMARY PURPOSE :
To provide instruction to students in the Automotive Technology program, develop curriculum, assess student learning, and provide student advising. This position will be a part of team teaching in a self-paced learning environment and will provide individual conference time to guide and evaluate student progress.
CTE Program Director Disclaimer:
Every CTE program has a Program Director. As faculty within the Automotive Technology program, you may be asked to perform the job duties of the Program Director for the Automotive Technology program. In the event that this designation is given, you will be provided with the information regarding this position prior to any appointments.
Terms of Employment
• Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt. This is a fulltime, tenure-track probationary position commencing September 2021. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments.
• $50,700 – $60,000 per year depending on experience.
• Represented by the Faculty Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Initial assignment will be at the Bend and Redmond Campuses.
• Official transcripts are required upon hire. Applicants anticipating Degree completion must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
• Upon hire, must pass criminal and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position will be considered.
• May include travel throughout the College district.
1. Provide instruction in area of discipline, using approved course outcome guides. Teaching assignments may be during the day (including early morning), evening, or weekend, and could include classes taught at any of the College campuses, live, asynchronously online, or hybrid combinations of formats.
2. Provide student advising and assistance in areas of course selection, career planning, job placement and employment follow-up.
3. Hold at least five scheduled office hours per week for student help sessions and program assistance.
4. Participate in department meetings, curriculum revision, course assessment, program assessment, and program review.
5. Engage in regular professional growth activities, remain current in the field, and maintain current credentials or licensures as required by the program.
6. Participate in service to the college. This may include participating in College committees, taskforces, peer teams, or other activities.
7. Provide meaningful, professional service to the community, businesses, public agencies, and other organizations.
8. Perform other essential job functions as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Effectively instruct all phases of automotive technology relating to all eight content areas, plus the developing areas in clean diesel, on vehicle networking, and HEV (hybrid electric) / electric vehicles.
2. Evaluate and maintain records of student progress, and provide necessary feedback to students regarding their performance.
3. Observe, direct, and oversee students ensuring safety in the classroom or laboratory.
4. Effectively use software designed for the Automotive industry, Microsoft office suite, various course management systems, technology to teach traditional, hybrid, or online courses and other technology used in the instruction setting.
5. Communicate effectively and respectfully with diverse students, staff, and community members.
6. Foster a collaborative atmosphere among students and the willingness to work as a member of a team with faculty.
Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:
Ability to work in the auto shop lab, classroom and office environments using automotive equipment, tools, computers, white boards, projectors, and other basic office equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
It is the policy of the Central Oregon Community College Board of Directors that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other protected classes under Federal and State statutes in any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.
In support of COCC’s EEO statement, employees with bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is a plus, along with experience working in a diverse multicultural setting.
Minimum Requirements for CTE Course:
• Associate of Applied Science in Automotive Technology, or closely related equivalent (candidates must complete supplemental equivalency question to clarify equivalency) or a minimum of 24 quarter hours (16 semester hours) of credit in the Automotive Technology field.
• 3 years of current diagnostic/electrical experience in automotive technology.
Preference to candidates who:
• Have recent successful experience teaching Automotive Technology
• Experience in Electric Vehicles, Hybrid vehicles, ADAS, Controller Systems, Low Sulfur Diesel, and emerging transportation technologies.
• Have or be able to obtain the following certifications:
• ASE Master Technician Certification in Automotive Technology
• ASE L1 Advance Engine Performance Specialist
• ASE Certified Diesel Mechanic
• EV (electric vehicle) and HEV (hybrid electric vehicle) coursework
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact HR at 541-383-7216.
COCC is not able to support work visas for this position. Candidates must be able to work in the United States at time of employment.
Is a Criminal History Check required? Yes Is a Credit History Check Required? No Open Until Filled No Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Choose your highest level of education:
- No High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree in Progress
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree in Progress
- Masters Degree
- Ph.D. in Progress
- Other Doctorate Level Degree
- * How many years of COLLEGE LEVEL teaching experience do you
- Less than 1 year
- 1-2 years
- 2-3 years
- 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * COCC employees must work and reside in the state of Oregon at
the time their work is being performed. Are you, or will you be
residing in the state of Oregon by the start date of this position?
- * The College is NOT able to support Visa applications for this
position. Applicants must already be eligible to work in the United
States to be considered for this position. Are you, or will you be
eligible to work in the US by the start date of the position?
- * Do you have at least three (3) years diagnostic/electrical
experience in Automotive Technology?
- * Describe how you meet the minimum requirement of either an
AAS in Automotive Technology or minimum of 24 quarter hours (16
semester hours) credit in Automotive Technology field.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a U.S. military veteran? (COCC provides qualifying
veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. To
receive veterans’ preference in this recruitment process, you must
upload your DD214 and DD215 (if applicable) form(s) as supporting
documentation. You will have the opportunity to upload the document
in the next step of this application process.)
- Yes, I am a veteran
- No, I am not a veteran
- If you have identified yourself as a qualified veteran or
disabled veteran by submitting your DD214 and DD215 (if applicable)
form(s) as proof of veteran status, please describe any
transferable skills earned during your military service that you
feel relate to the requirements/preferences of this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Background checks are required for all employees of COCC.
Should an offer of employment be made to you and accepted by you,
you will receive an email from COCC / HireRight Screening
requesting your consent and basic information to complete the
check. The offer of employment will be conditional upon
satisfactory completion of the criminal background check. Confirmed
findings on a criminal background check will not automatically
disqualify you from being hired into a position. Results are
evaluated on a case-by-case basis, considering the job
responsibilities and other risk factors. Additional information
regarding COCC’s criminal history check policy can be found online
in the General Procedures Manual, Section HR-2-1. Please indicate
here if you will provide consent to the criminal history check when
requested by the College:
- Yes, I will provide my consent when requested
- No, I will not provide my consent when requested
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- College Transcript 1 (unofficial)
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- College Transcript 2 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 3 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 4 (unofficial)
- US Military DD 214
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
- Other Document 5
- Teaching Philosophy/Evidence of Teaching Potential
- Placement File, if applicable
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bend
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Bend
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Bend
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Bend
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Bend