Applications for the
position of Rector
of the University of Beira Interior (Covilhã - Portugal)
1. The University of Beira Interior (Covilhã-Portugal) invites applications for the position of Rector (President of the University).
2. The Rector is elected by the University's General Council to serve for a period of 4 years on a full-time basis, acting as the institucional head of the University and representing it externally.
3. Applicants must be professors or researchers from the University of Beira Interior or other national or foreign universities or research institutions, currently in full exercise of functions.
4. The Rector must be a scholar or researcher of distinguished academic profile with experience of managing universities or research institutions, with a strategic vision appropriate to pursue a policy of developing the University of Beira Interior, promoting humanistic and scientific values, and fostering an atmosphere of collegiality and inclusiveness among its diverse members.
5. Applications must be written in Portuguese and sent to the Chair of the General Council, within the period from February 19 to March 22, 2021.
6. The responsibilities of the Rector pursuant to the present model for the government of the University, as well as the conditions of elegibility and the regulations for its election by the General Council are available online at https://www.ubi.pt/Entidade/eleicao_reitor2021
The Chair of the General Council
Eng. Hugo Daniel Alves Martins de CArvalho
Apply for Rector
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly