Sr. Research Associate
University Code 34062 University Title Research Coordinator 2 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Sr. Research Associate Position Number 557960 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Health Behavior And Policy Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Sr. Research Associate will support research activities under the supervision of the Principal Investigator. Research activities related to funded projects may include IRB, recruitment, data collection and other day-to-day project management. The Sr. Research Associate will manage all research staff such as hourly research assistants and patient navigators.
Additionally the Sr. Research Associate will manage the Massey Cancer Center ( MCC ) Health Communication and Digital Innovation Core. The purpose of the Core is to facilitate the acquisition of health communication technology and make it available to faculty across the university and external collaborators.
Minimum Hiring Standards
The work required for this position is complex and requires the person to perform as a key member of the research team.
- The person must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and ethical guidelines related to human subjects research in a medical setting.
- The position requires strong interpersonal abilities in order to work with individuals in many different organizations.
- The person must be able to set priorities under deadline pressure.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ability to work independently and reliably.
- Familiarity with cancer treatment protocols.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in project coordination of a large funded research project is preferred.
- Experience and training in the area of counseling or subject interviewing is preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $52,000-60,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 02/09/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103449 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond