Online Learning Systems Specialist - OPS
Job Title Online Learning Systems Specialist - OPS Posting Number S865P Classification Title
Under the general direction of the AVP of Academics the Systems Support Specialist maintains, coordinates, and manages all systems and support related to the Division of Online and Professional Studies ( OPS ) within the framework established at California Baptist University by performing the following duties. Coordinates and interacts with main campus ITS (Information Technology Services on network, systems, and applications support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve as main contact for the current Learning Management System, Blackboard for all OPS faculty, staff, and students.
2. Serves as the technical interface to main campus ITS in support of the network, systems, hardware, and applications related to the division.
3. Provide support for Blackboard environment and related online systems.
4. Coordinate technical issues with Blackboard support, service tickets, schedule updates and upgrades, and works with other technical vendors as needed.
5. In coordination with ITS, manages the Blackboard system in the areas of analytics, copy, archive, removal of courses, building blocks, third party integrations, blogs, wikis, and other related system features.
6. Maintain proper upload of courses, students, and faculty data to Blackboard and other related online systems.
7. Maintain archives of Blackboard courses and storage devices related to the division.
8. Provide hardware/software installation support and troubleshooting for computer desktops, laptops, mobile devices (e.g., tablets, smartphones), phones, and other computer peripherals.
9. Investigate, analyze and resolve hardware and computer application problems for faculty and staff.
10. Provide support for Microsoft Windows & Apple Mac OS computers including imaging/deployment, software installation/patches/updates, training, and troubleshooting.
11. Monitor and resolve OPS Helpdesk support tickets to ensure all user (faculty, staff, and students) requests are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
12. Maintains a high standard of customer service in dealing with and responding to questions from faculty, staff and students.
13. Provide user training on approved software utilized by the OPS division.
14. Provide support for WebEx and other teleconferencing technologies, and lecture/capture technologies.
15. Provide support for closed captioning for multimedia to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ) and Section 504/508 guidelines. Evaluate existing computer systems hardware, and perform system upgrades, based on end user configuration conflicts and errors.
16. Track, resolve, and document solutions to customer requests using appropriate software.
17. Assist with maintaining hardware and software inventory database.
18. Develop systems and processes to improve efficiency and automate routine functions.
19. Design technical training and tutorial content based on various divisional needs.
This position is responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete projects in a timely manner.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge and experience with Learning Management Systems and web-based course delivery systems.
Knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems.
Knowledge of web and course authoring tools.
Ability to install and configure computer systems, hardware and peripherals.
Knowledge of computer systems and troubleshooting methods.
Knowledge of SQL and database management.
Knowledge of web/video conferencing solutions such as WebEx and Zoom.
Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
Skill to convert multimedia formats, including, MP4, MP3, MOV, WAV, PPTX .
Knowledge of lecture/capture technology (e.g., TechSmith Knowmia)
Ability to use creative software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, etc.
Ability to understand web accessibility issues.
Ability to manipulate web content using HTML5 and CSS .
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience : Bachelor’s degree in a related field from four-year college or university; and 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 02/15/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6318 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside