Academic Associate- W. P. Carey School of Business
The W. P. Carey School of Business is looking for an individual who will support faculty by performing a heavy share of the in-class experience providing meaningful feedback on assignments, including course grading, and proactively addressing the needs of the class in the online graduate-level learning environment. This individual will work with different constituencies (premier faculty, ASU colleagues at W. P. Carey and the Learning Enterprise, the leaders participating in a custom program, etc.).
We are looking for an individual who is culturally aware, engaging, accountable, flexible, and tech savvy while being able to provide feedback and assist participants in an international online environment. This individual should have a significant amount of experience with reviewing course content, grading, and answering student inquires. A successful candidate would be able to start and perform duties with no direct supervision. Exceptional communication skills are essential to giving and receiving feedback professionally in this academic environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the faculty member with participant engagement throughout the course.
- Grade and provide meaningful feedback on course assignments in a professional manner.
- Assist students in online Canvas environment, providing tech assistance and troubleshooting.
- Determine whether or not an assignment will be permitted to be submitted late for situations that we do not commonly encounter.
- Provide in-course observations to faculty members to ensure course quality and opportunities for continued improvement.
- Proactively flag feedback from lessons, assignments, in-course observations etc. that inform program outcomes, drive value, and enhance the experience for participants and stakeholders.
This is a part-time (16 hours per week) temporary, non-benefits eligible position. Total compensation from March 19, 2021 through October 3, 2021 will be $17,000.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or closely related field
- Providing feedback and/or coaching to students and/or a professional audience
- Experience in a higher education setting
- MBA or PhD in Management, Organizational/Industrial Psychology, Leadership or related field preferred
- Prior experience teaching or participating in an online academic environment
- 3 of years of providing feedback to students online in a graduate course or equivalent experience coaching and giving feedback
- 3 or more years of professional leadership experience managing multiple constituencies
- 3 or more years of working with student success outcomes in emerging learning programs and delivery platforms
- Experience with Canvas
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of Leading Change, Project Leadership, and Team Dynamics
- Experience or involvement with new and innovative learning programs delivered online
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is a comprehensive school of business offering nationally and internationally respected undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs. The Undergraduate Program, which houses one of the country’s few stand-alone business honors programs, is ranked in the top 30 and includes six majors ranked among the top 20 within their fields according to U.S. News & World Report. The W. P. Carey MBA is ranked in the top 30 by U.S. News & World Report. With over 250 tenure-track faculty, the W. P. Carey School is a research leader that maintains vibrant collaborative relationships with business worldwide. For more information on the School, please see https://wpcarey.asu.edu/.
Application Deadline and Procedure: The initial application deadline is March 15, 2021; if not filled, applications will be reviewed every two weeks thereafter until search is closed. To apply, submit 1) resume, 2) cover letter of interest and addressing the above qualifications and 3) a list of three references, via http://apply.interfolio.com/84105.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State
University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis
protected by law.
(See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Part Time jobs in Gilbert
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Competitive Part Time jobs in Gilbert
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Competitive Part Time jobs in Gilbert
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Competitive Part Time jobs in Gilbert