Lead, Construction Planning, Design and Development
Manage medical research lab renovation construction projects with a value up to $500,000. Meet with researchers to meet with researchers to discuss lab activity and design appropriate casework and equipment layout to facilitate the research work planned for the space. Manage a crew of up to 4 carpenters in the field. Coordinate with internal and external trades to ensure each trade is working to the project schedule and project budget. Coordinate with outside vendors to make sure orders are placed in a timely manner and that materials are received and installed in a timely manner. Manage up to 4 projects at a time.
This is a hands on leadership position on our renovations team. This person is required to be in the field and make sure that all renovations are completed in a quality and timely manner.
- Work with our in house CAD designer to create lab floor plans and elevations using BCM standard casework modules / products.
- Meet with the researcher to explain the design and verify the design will suit their needs.
- Write a scope of work that includes mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural details so that all the trades can develop budgets for their work.
- Develop a budget for the project by meeting with all trades and explain the scope of work and advise on timelines.
- Coordinate project timelines with other work already scheduled.
- Create a bill of materials and process purchase orders with the help of the stockroom personnel to ensure materials will be available, on site in a timely manner.
- Once the project is approved, develop a schedule for all the work.
- Communicate this schedule to all people involved including the researchers, the trades and the vendors.
- Once construction begins, manage all activity, trades and vendors to the schedule and the budget.
- Complete any punch list items and coordinate final cleaning and turn over of the space to the end users.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.