Director of Executive Education and External Affairs
Job Title: Director of Executive Education and External Affairs
Department: Rowan Global
Reports to: Assistant Vice President for Academic Innovation
Summary: The Director of Executive Education and External Affairs is a highly visible and high impact position that reports to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Innovation, in the Division of Global Learning and Partnerships (Rowan Global) at the Glassboro, NJ campus. The ideal candidate must have a growth mindset, a strong sense of empathy, an entrepreneurial outlook, high social & emotional intelligence, and be purpose driven to deliver a brighter future for our students and communities. The successful candidate will be a talented leader with a depth and breadth of knowledge to foster innovation throughout our high-performing, high-growth university. In particular, the successful candidate will work closely with the AVP of Academic Innovation, academic deans, faculty and others to identify and implement short-and long-term certificate programs, online degree programs, and upskilling and reskilling options for industry.
Position Description: The successful candidate will be required to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to build for-credit, non-credit and a continuing education portfolio; develop and maintain strong business partner relationships, and use competitive intelligence strategies to identify, develop and maintain a diverse portfolio of credential options. This individual will be responsible for leading efforts to establish a distinct brand identity for Rowan Global’s offerings and will be expected to grow enrollment and foster a distinctive student experience for graduate, adult and online learners.
Essential Position Responsibilities/Functions: Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Academic Innovation, the Director of Executive Education and External Affairs is responsible to accomplish the following:
- Responsible for revenue growth via new and existing partnerships, and academic offerings.
- Develop relationships with industry and community partners to understand their workforce needs and grow continuing education and online enrollment for degree and non-degree seeking students.
- Addresses local and regional educational and workforce needs through the identification of relevant data and constituent input to inform the review, effectiveness, and sustainability of current programs and facilitate the development of new credit and non-credit degree opportunities in coordination with academic departments.
- Explores institutional and workforce partnerships to establish stackable degree options, reverse transfer and transfer agreements, and other strategies that support enrollment growth.
- Maintain effective partnerships with our community college partners, Rowan College of South Jersey and Rowan College of Burlington County.
- Represent Rowan Global in strategic meetings with personnel with our community college partners.
- Advance and increase the visibility of the Rowan Global’s mission on our main campus, partner colleges, and across the state through advocacy, coordination with relevant stakeholders, and effective marketing.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic outreach plan across Rowan’s various audiences in collaboration with the faculty & deans and relevant program teams.
- Effectively translating long-term strategic vision into short and medium term tactical operational initiatives, goals, and projects, both upwards and downwards in the organization.
- Partnering with Rowan Global’s Admission and Marketing units, develop and execute appropriate marketing and communication strategy to meet recruitment goals.
- Represents Rowan Global at national, state, and regional levels. Form collaborative partnerships with business and industry, educational institutions, and government agencies.
- Identify new trends, market disruptions and emerging opportunities.
- Extensive travel and outreach within the tri-state/regional areas.
- Develops an annual calendar for events and programs to drive awareness and enrollment.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to identify and promote unique academic offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred disciplines include, Higher Education, Business, Communication, Leadership, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, or Liberal Arts.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive professional experience.
- Evidence of an entrepreneurial and growth mindset.
- Ability to ask thoughtful questions, exercises empathy and a curiosity to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, use of tact, patience, negotiation, and navigating difficult conversations.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Highly skilled in professional networking and relationship building.
- Highly skilled in collaborating as a member of a team and various working groups.
- Skills in clearly communicating information, expectations, and ideas to individuals and groups formally and informally, orally and in writing.
- An appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion across all parts of the university as well as the communities and constituents we serve.
- Understanding of the competitive and changing landscape in graduate, adult and online education and strategic enrollment management.
- Proven ability to work with local and state leaders, organizations, and networks.
- Experience in using online meeting platforms such as WebEx, Zoom, Google Hangout, etc.
- Ability to draft, review and make contract recommendations, i.e. MOU and Articulation agreements.
- Ability to provide broad problem-solving skills to critical, time-sensitive issues.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and partners.
- Ability to coordinate with college personnel.
- Ability to travel extensively to meet with clients, constituents and prospects.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- History of business development, consultative selling, client relationship development and leading strategic growth initiatives related to corporate and executive education.
- Aptitude for and proven experience in prospecting and securing new clients via cold call, advertising, social media, networking and other means.
- Experience in setting and achieving targets for sales and for leveraging existing client relationships.
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design.
- Experience in teaching undergraduate and/or graduate programs for an accredited institution.
- Understanding of the higher education landscape as it pertains to New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland areas.
- History of working effectively with faculty to develop new academic programs.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Academic Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro