STATUS/HOURS: Part-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 2:30pm when school is in session, flexibility is required. Schedule may vary according to departmental and Academy needs.
Assist management in fulfilling the Dining Services mission: “we create a dining experience where the whole person is renewed.” Assist in meeting the objectives of the Grill while providing fast, accurate and friendly service to customers. Perform as a key player with the food service team.
Must embody the mission of the Dining Services Department: “A Team of Professionals dedicated to providing quality food service with a personal touch.”
This position is considered “Essential Personnel” in the event that:
- an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that would impact PEA;
- inclement weather forces the closing of campus or;
- other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s Staff (Leadership Team).
- Perform as a key player with the food service team.
- Prepare supplies and food to be served during the hours of service.
- Interact positively with students, staff, faculty and alumni.
- Prepare counter foods such as frappes, cookies, smoothies and coffee.
- Replenish and restock items as necessary.
- Clean Grill after busy periods of service, including sweeping and mopping.
- Operate cash register and be accountable for handling of money.
- Interact positively with students and campus staff.
- Collect and empty trash receptacles.
- Assist with concession operations when needed.
- Ensures that all areas of Grill are cleaned and maintained, including tables, chairs, floors, equipment and décor.
- Keeps up-to-date on emergency procedures and be prepared to implement when necessary.
- Practices proper cleaning procedures and observes all MSDS policies/procedures for safety and sanitation.
- Obeys all local, state, and federal safety health codes.
Incumbent works under the guidance of the Grill Manager or the Cook Lead, but is expected to work with a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment in decisions impacting staff and department operations.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.
- High school diploma or GED required, or must be 16 years of age or older and enrolled in school.
- Some college experience helpful.
- Some counter work/short order experience preferred.
- Cash register experience preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships, and the ability to take direction and work with others.
- Must have a strong commitment to service, strong interpersonal skills, creativity and an “eye” for display are essential.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
- Ability to correctly identify food products.
- Must possess knowledge and commit to health and safety procedures with food handling and preparation.
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and adheres to uniform standards daily.
- Regular and consistent attendance with the ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess excellent guest service and hospitality skills and projects a positive image while interacting with students, faculty, staff and guests.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy objects as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability and dexterity to grasp and grip and safely operate commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without assistance
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to work under a range of temperature conditions such as withstanding exposure to extreme heat in the kitchen or extreme cold from freezers.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical/health screening examination, which may include a drug screening.
- Must consistently wear assigned uniform and equipment and adhere to the appearance guidelines.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Food Services Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood