Part-Time Assistant I, Lab
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Assistant, Lab performs standard lab duties while assisting multiple students and at times two computer labs. Activities are routine as well as repetitive. Reports to Division Operations Manager and a Department Chair.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors and assists students with the lab requirement of their class
- Responsible for monitoring and signing-off on students' lab time
- Assists with monitoring and tracking lab supplies (workbooks, printer toner, and paper supply)
- Uphold students' reasonable understanding of proper lab conduct
- Operates a variety of office equipment, including but not limited to computer(s), printer, copier, and laminator
- Responsible for other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Has a general knowledge of Internet Explorer, and search engines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Must be detail oriented and precise
- Must be able to follow the lab rules and guidelines
- Must be punctual
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Lab Hours Mondays to Thursdays 9am to 7:30pm and Fridays 9am to 12pm (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
- Must be available to work until 7:30pm Mondays through Thursdays
- There is a "no use of electronic devices" rule in place in the lab
- High School diploma or GED
- Have taken and passed college level Freshman English courses or higher
Hourly Pay Rate is $10.25
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Kingwood
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Kingwood
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Kingwood
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Kingwood
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Kingwood