Manager - Chicago Roadmap Special Projects
Manager - Chicago Roadmap Special Projects
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) and Chicago Public Schools (CPS) launched the Chicago Roadmap - a shared, systemic strategy to generate economic mobility for Chicago’s young people by building stronger education-to-career pathways and removing barriers to student success. CCC and CPS work collaboratively to enhance supports and close equity gaps in five connected domains: 1) Academic Readiness & Success; 2) Access to High-Quality Programs; 3) Student Advising and Supports; 4) Career Awareness, Exploration, and Experience; and 5) Transparency, Alignment, and Collaboration.
Reporting to the Director-Chicago Roadmap Project, the Manager- Chicago Roadmap Special Projects manages projects related to the implementation of strategic initiatives aligned to the Chicago Roadmap. Provides leadership, direction and project management for assigned projects, and coordinates the execution of projects from start to finish. Additionally, the Manager-Chicago Roadmap Special Projects collects and analyzes data related to the Chicago Roadmap special projects, and uses the data to revise plans as needed. Performs related duties as required.
- Develops project implementation and handoff plans and documentation. Proactively builds institutional learning by creating replicable processes, tools, and plans.
- Implements project plans in all five domains of the Chicago Roadmap, as well as provides project management for assigned components of the Chicago Roadmap.
- Organizes and monitors project work groups for adherence to project goals/timeline. Evaluates progress on an on-going basis, and provides Roadmap Leader with project revisions as necessary to meet targets.
- Collects and analyzes program data measuring student success and achievement of Roadmap objectives and prepares reports.
- Identifies and writes grants for special projects funding when necessary, and manages all aspects of grant and report writing.
- Meets with district and college administrators and other stakeholders to review workplans, identify performance metrics, and establish objectives and project timelines to effectively monitor implementation and track project success and completion
- Leads and coordinates the success of special projects and initiatives by facilitating the process of project solicitation, selection, prioritization, implementation, monitoring and intervening where appropriate.
- Proactively identifies issues that could impact the successful execution of the projects, elevates those issues about which the Director should be aware and frames/positions ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk while creatively identifying alternative means of handling pressing issues.
- Facilitates collaborative relationships between various CCC departments, faculty, and students as well as with CPS working group members.
Reports To Director-Chicago Roadmap Project
Direct Supervision None
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five years of progressively responsible project management and/or implementation experience in a complex organization
- Passion for supporting students, especially first-generation college-goers
- Strong understanding of the Chicago Public School landscape
- Entrepreneurial and solutions-oriented mindset
- Experience building partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in program development, administration, and evaluation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago