Enrollment Program Specialist
Enrollment Program Specialist
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Under a grant from the Crown Foundation, CCC is implementing ambitious plans to focus on enrolling high school graduates from the Chicago Public School (CPS) Class of 2020 who have not enrolled in any post-secondary institution. CCC is working closely with CPS to identify and implement strategies that will improve post-secondary success for CPS graduates. Due to the impact of COVID-19, the 2021 academic year has presented new challenges for recent graduates that will require robust and holistic student supports during the first year, and 2020 graduates will need support through the application and enrollment process that includes personal connection with an enrollment staff person to shepherd them through the process.
Reporting to the District Director – Admissions & Recruitment, the Enrollment Program Specialist is responsible for conducting outreach and engaging with a select group of high school graduates, with the immediate and primary focus on 2020 graduates who have not enrolled in any post-secondary institution, to provide information, support and guidance on enrolling at one of the City Colleges of Chicago’s seven campuses.
Positions work to meet established goals to include:
- Ensuring selected student population is aware of the opportunities available to them within CCC;
- Ensuring students receive support that will aid them through the enrollment process and the removal of potential barriers;
- Providing students with financial resources and a laptop to increase their likelihood of succeeding once enrolled; and
- Ensuring that students are connected with needed student services and resources throughout their first term to promote persistence and success.
Performs related duties as required.
- Serves as lead to engage 2020 CPS graduates and aid them in successfully navigating the enrollment process and transitioning to a CCC student.
- Creates an outreach plan and conducts follow-up with 2020 grads to ensure they are aware of CCC programs, are supported through their completion of the enrollment process, and to connect them to the college campus of their choosing.
- Collaborates with external stakeholders in developing and implementing strategies across the City to identify and support student needs as they enter our enrollment funnel.
- Develops mechanisms to track student enrollment in order to evaluate efforts and improve effectiveness. Prepares updates regarding each 2020 CPS Grads’ progress through the enrollment funnel.
- Serves as a liaison between the 2020 graduates and our colleges’ Admissions and Student Services Offices.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required
Reports To District Director – Admissions & Recruitment
Direct Supervision None
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years of work experience in student services, preferably at a community college.
- A valid State of Illinois driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel frequently to CPS high schools and CCC campuses.
- Must be abler to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion for supporting students, especially first-generation college goers in pursuit of their goals.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Naviance software highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CCC academic programs and pathways, enrollment procedures, financial aid
- Knowledge of best practices in college and career exploration.
- Knowledge of labor market data analysis for relevant career programs.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Moderate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago