Dean of Instruction
Harold Washington College (HWC)is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:This position directs, manages, and provides leadership in all instructional and academic support systems within the college's credit programs. Promotes and coordinates programs, curriculum, and course development and evaluation. Acts as administrator in charge of the evening and Saturday college. This is a confidential position and has managerial responsibilities over faculty, student, clerical, custodians, and security staff associated with the program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews courses to ensure they comply with the goals and objectives of the program. Coordinates the revision of instructional materials every academic year.
- Conducts in-service programs for all full and part-time faculty. Conducts orientation meetings with new academic staff.
- Directs and supervises faculty associated with the programs. Provides necessary supplements for staff to accomplish the goals and objectives of the courses taught.
- Advises staff in areas of improvement. Regularly evaluates all faculty and provides constructive feedback on their work according to Board/Union Agreement.
- Works with the Director of Planning and Development in preparing college credit grant applications and coordinating research projects as needed.
- Prepares departmental budgets. Monitors expenditures and ensures they are within budget parameters.
- Coordinates courses, curricula and program development, evaluation, and followup.
- Serves on Research and Assessment Committee, Marketing Committee, and Strategic Planning Committee, and others as needed.
- Assists students in completing their academic goals and objectives. Provides additional guidance and assistance as individually needed. Investigates written complaints according to established college procedures.
- Coordinates and prepares NCA self-study document and ICCB Program Review.
- Collaborates with the Vice President regarding general college operational processes.
- Supervises department chairpersons and coordinates monthly chairperson meetings.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and thirty (30) graduate hours in a related field required. Doctorate preferred.
- Five (5) years teaching in a higher education setting.
- Minimum two (2) years administrative experience as Department Chair, Associate
- Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Coordinator.
- Active participation or exposure to higher education accreditation procedures, articulation processes and program review.
- Experience in activities that focus on assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
- Experience preferred working within a unionized setting.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that fosters student success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated environment that fosters innovation within a learning organization.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago