Dean - Student Services
Harold Washington College (HWC)is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:This position is responsible for the development of policies and procedures that relate to each unit within Student Services division. Acts as a major advisor to the President pertaining to Student Services area. Provides leadership and assists each manager in developing to his/her fullest potential. Participates in the development of policies and procedures that relate to each unit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, establishes, assigns work, monitors progress and evaluates results of department activities and projects.
- Provides strategic planning and administrative oversight of various departments and services within the division including, but not limited to admissions and records, advising, academic support, athletics, career and transfer services, disability services, veterans services, testing services and wellness services.
- Ensures coordination of services between each office within Student Services.
- Administers district-wide policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Prepares reports detailing division activities.
- Ensures compilation and submission of the necessary federal and state reports for each area.
- Oversees and directs the preparation of the Student Services budget. Proposes, justifies and monitors annual department, program and organizational budgets.
- Prepares recommendations for staffing, supplies, facilities, equipment, conference leaves and travel.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Ph.D. from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years administrative experience as Department Chair, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Coordinator.
- Active participation or exposure to higher education accreditation procedures, articulation processes and program review.
- Experience in activities that focus on assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
- Experience preferred working within a unionized setting.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that fosters student success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated environment that fosters innovation within a learning organization.
- Demonstrated experience in handling student related issues.
- Experience in multiple areas of student services: registrar, records, admission, evaluation of student activities, programs, and services.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing student confidentiality and other student related issues.