Coordinator - Workforce Equity Initiative - Grant Funded
COORDINATOR – GRANT PROGRAMS (WORKFORCE EQUITY INITIATIVE)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Positions allocated to the title of Coordinator –Grant Programs are responsible for coordinating and performing a wide range of programmatic, procurement, and reporting activities associated with administering a grant funded program.
Positions coordinate the provision of services, perform program functions and oversee the provision of program support to clients/students as specified by the grant source. Grant funded programs include but are not limited to: Title V Grants such as Hispanic Service Institute (HIS) grant; Predominantly Black Institution (PBI) grant, and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) grant and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Performs related duties as required.
- Provides information to staff, faculty, and clients/students on a grant funded program’s objectives and intended outcomes, operating processes and procedures, and direct services provided to clients/students.
- Works directly with clients/ students to provide the range of services and assistance specified under a specific grant program, adhering to operating procedures and funding requirements.
- Implements programs designed to meet grant objectives and outcomes by establishing work processes and overseeing the day to day operations to ensure the effective administration of program services.
- Prepares and facilitates presentations and workshops for clients/students.
- Maintains records and creates databases using Excel and accesses data on PeopleSoft (i.e. CS9, Open Book) to track program enrollment, level of activity, and engagement with clients/students.
- Prepares narrative reports to document program activities, services provided, program outcomes, and achievements in compliance with reporting requirements.
- Prepares and assists clients/students in preparing forms, applications, and other documents needed to enroll or obtain services under the grant funded program.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, places orders with vendors, and verifies delivery of materials, supplies, equipment, and other goods acquired with program grant funds.
- Coordinates with Business Office to maintain account records of budgeted funds and to track and monitor expenditures and account balances. Plans and implements activities such as workshops, career fairs, and field trips for programs designed to engage students with an interest in pursuing career programs in a specific industry (i.e. healthcare, manufacturing, IT).
- Coordinating the provision of student support services and activities to students to meet program objectives and outcomes(i.e. workshops on soft skills development; career readiness skills).
- Works collaboratively with college administrators to plan, develop, and implement project initiatives and activities to accomplish grant funded program objectives.
- Prepares quarterly and annual progress reports and comply with other reporting requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Education, Public Policy, or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of work experience in a responsible administrative or program administrator role, preferably for a non-for-profit or higher education institution.
- Knowledge of state and federal grants to community colleges.
- Knowledge of ICCB regulations and requirements.
- Strong collaborator who can work within a matrixed environment and team setting to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action Employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago