Continuing Education and Community Engagement Coordinator
Vacancy Number: S-00693 Position Title: Continuing Education and Community Engagement Coordinator Classification Title: Coordinator Department: Continuing Education & Community Engagement Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
Aceware/Student Manager Duties:
• Effectively manage the Aceware Student Manager Registration System and complete all registration duties for Continuing Education programs and events.
• Maintain a technical and professional knowledge of the registration system, ensuring maximum database performance.
• Participate in Aceware webinars and conduct research to ensure registration system is up to date with the latest features.
• Ensure all customer registrations and demographic information is entered and accurate.
• Oversee check-in/registration for events.
• Support online interfaces ensuring that registration pages run smoothly.
• Collect and enter customer data/information completely and accurately into the registration system.
• Support various programs by entering courses in the system for registration.
• Send registration confirmations within one business day of receiving them.
• Provide certificates of completion or student transcripts within five business days as requested.
• Email a thank you for attending email to participants (Olli, ACT Prep, personal)
• Post courses online via Aceweb as needed.
• Oversee the completion of financial duties for Continuing Education.
• Provide cash boxes and financial documentation daily.
• Enter cash box e-collection reports to Banner.
• Check the system for any “revoked” payments from customers who made a registration attempt.
• Submit info to banner for vendor vouchers.
• Enter staff travel to the banner system as needed.
• Coordinate with staff to receive all purchasing card backup documentation.
• Submit info to Banner for purchasing card reconciliations.
• Receive and enter all credit card and check payments in to the registration system
• Provide enrollment/income reports to Director as needed/requested
• Purchase items from Staples, Amazon Business, GovConnection, Ricoh, etc. as needed
• Upload end-of-month merchant fee backup documentation to the e-Collection Banner system
• Create and send invoices to firms and agencies for program registrations.
• Track client invoices and outstanding payments.
• Email an outstanding balance report to Continuing Education Director on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate with staff to maintain office supply inventory, purchase supplies, and order ink and toner for Ricoh machines.
• Work with Director of Continuing Education and AUM Marketing staff to implement strategies to promote continuing education initiatives
• Maintain customer mailing list/email list for promotional purposes.
• Plan, manage and send marketing emails campaigns via Constant Contact for various programs.
• Work with Continuing Education staff to create print articles for promotional purposes.
• Coordinate the creation of program catalogs and brochures with Continuing Education staff and AUM Marketing team.
• Regularly ensure the Continuing Education website is up to date with content and images for all programs and events.
• Maintain a social media presence for Continuing Education programs by managing Facebook and Linked-in accounts.
• Other marketing duties as assigned.
Training Support Duties:
• Work with Director of Continuing Education and Program Managers to coordinate activities needed for selected programs.
• Provide program information to clients, serving as the primary contact for Continuing Education, communicating with clients through email, phone, in person.
• Monitor and respond to Continuing Education email and voice messages, and distribute messages to appropriate staff.
• Communicate with OLLI instructors to ensure they are prepared for their instructional assignments and provide support for OLLI members as needed.
• Provide support for OLLI committee members who serve as volunteers for the program.
• Work with Auburn OLLI to share membership numbers and provide updates on shared offerings to benefit both programs.
• Work with Education to Go and CarrusLearn Online course providers to ensure course catalogs are updated and new courses are posted to website.
• Coordinate activities as needed to support the Certified Public Manager program and Customized Professional Development training events.
• Provide needed support for Law Enforcement training by coordinating with instructors to provide rosters and other information as needed.
• Coordinate IT issues with appropriate campus or department IT personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service Duties:
Serve as the primary contact for Continuing Education clients, while providing necessary service to internal and external customers.
• Respond to request promptly.
• Utilize email or other correspondence with proper content and format.
• Successfully implement new customer service strategies, when necessary.
• Create a way to track performance and customer service results.
• Interact courteously and professionally when conversing with others.
• Treat all internal clients (staff) and external clients with excellent customer service.
• Communicate information clearly and accurately.
• Maintain confidentiality with both written and verbal information.
• Consistently display professionalism and accuracy in information, grammar, and word choices.
• Ensure all concerns and inquiries are responded to within required deadlines.
• Provide demonstrations to staff in regard to acceptable and unacceptable behavior in dealing with internal and external customers when possible.
• Consistently provide accurate and informative answers.
• Seek involvement with people different from oneself.
• Advocate for equality and inclusiveness.
• Expand knowledge of cultural communication styles and norms.
• Work and deliver services from a cross-cultural perspective.
• Engage in continual learning in a broad range of human differences, such as ability, disability, age, educational level, ethnicity, gender, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic class.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of applicable policies and procedures
Knowledge of acceptable basic administrative techniques
Knowledge of relationship management software
Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
Marketing and presentation skills
Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
Ability to supervise
Ability to work in a positive team environment
Ability to develop positive human/customer relations
Bachelor’s degree in related area and two (2) years of related experience.
Job Open Date: 02/12/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
For best consideration, please apply by 3/1/2021.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4605 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery