Marketing Automation Specialist
The Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies (Continuing Education) seeks a full-time CRM and Marketing Automation Specialist . The Division of Continuing Education extends the resources of the University of Colorado at Boulder by providing programming and learning opportunities to a wide range of students.
The CRM and Marketing Automation Specialist is primarily responsible for CRM management and email marketing campaigns in support of multiple areas of programming in Continuing Education’s portfolio. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing, this position also works in concert with other program managers throughout the Division of Continuing Education.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Mission of the Division of Continuing Education is to provide quality, innovative lifelong learning opportunities to a diverse student population by extending the educational resources of the University of Colorado Boulder.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- In coordination with the Assistant Director of Marketing, lead the marketing team’s use of the University’s various CRM tools to support the achievement of recruitment and retention goals.
- Support recruitment processes through the design, development, and implementation of CRM tools including form building, email marketing, incoming communication organization, application processes, and more.
- Act as Continuing Education’s CRM specialist. Collaborate with other system users across the campus and university to share knowledge and build consistency between university departments.
- Act as a liaison with program managers and campus partners to provide tools, training, and support to help meet program recruitment and marketing goals through the use of CRM practices.
- Be a flexible and creative problem solver to ensure the marketing team meets their goals when systems and processes threaten to hinder progress.
- Determine the appropriate/most effective communication platform (i.e. Slate, Marketing Cloud/Salesforce) for distributing communications based on program, audience, marketing goals, and other institutional/administrative considerations.
- Create and implement comprehensive email marketing strategies.
- Design email templates within the CRM that adhere to university brand, accessibility guidelines, and marketing practices. Work collaboratively with the Communication Manager and other content creators to produce engaging email messages that result in open and click-through rates in line with industry standards.
- Lead a QA process that ensures messages are accurate, timely, and reach the appropriate audience(s). Be forthcoming with content concerns and maintain a high level of quality for all communications.
Reporting and Analysis
- Work with the Director and Assistant Director to determine goals and tactics for measuring outcomes and analyze data, whether the goals were met, and to assist in future campaign planning.
- Design, build and run CRM reports to generate data on the effectiveness of advertising and email campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the Communication Manager and other content creators to produce engaging social media content.
- Handle tools to post social content in a timely and appropriate manner.
What We Can Offer
The hiring pay range is $55,000 - $60,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Entrepreneurial. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, computer science, or related field.
- 3 years of diverse professional experience in areas including:
- Marketing strategy and execution.
- Social media management.
- Experience planning and executing successful communication campaigns through a CRM.
- Email marketing.
- Google Analytics.
What You Will Need
- Verbal and written communication skills are needed, specifically the ability to synthesize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, track project progress, and communicate scheduling challenges.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Energetic self-starter who has the desire and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work constructively with others to mitigate any perceived data (or other) issues.
- Experience with social content publishing tools, like Hootsuite.
- Experience writing HTML for email.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 4+ years of experience communicating with diverse audiences.
- Experience using the Slate CRM/application platform.
- Enrollment management experience.
- Working understanding or experience running digital advertising campaigns.
- Experience working in an academic environment, community organization, or non-profit.
- Familiarity with CU Boulder and/or the CU System.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by March 1, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu