Assistant Director for Housing Operations
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshires of northwestern Massachusetts with access to Albany, Burlington (VT), Boston, New York City, and Montreal. Distinguished by a reputation for outstanding, inclusive teaching and scholarship, academic excellence, and exceptional alumni loyalty, the college is committed to building and supporting a diverse learning community of approximately 2,100 undergraduates.
The Assistant Director for Housing Operations is responsible for student housing-related logistical & operational functions as a member of the Residential Life & Housing (RLH) team within the Office of Campus Life (OCL). Visit https://student-life.williams.edu/ for more information on OCL. Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Applicants are encouraged to state in their cover letter what particular skills, strengths, and experiences they will bring to the position and the college, including their experience with and commitment to supporting diverse, inclusive, and equitable communities. We especially welcome applications from members of groups traditionally underrepresented in the field.
The Assistant Director for Housing Operations position involves a high level of data management, task management, communication, and collaboration. The position requires significant interaction with students as well as with colleagues in several departments across campus, including but not limited to Facilities, Campus Safety, Accessible Education, Dining Services, the Davis Center, and the Dean of Students’ Office.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- student housing technology system (StarRez) management & training;
- student housing assignment/lottery processes management & execution;
- student housing data reporting, projections, & analysis;
- student housing appeals process management & facilitation;
- student housing check-in & check-out management & execution;
- student key/code/access management & facilitation;
- room condition reports, damage billing management & facilitation;
- student storage program management & execution;
- supervision of the Residential Life & Housing
The successful candidate will possess:
- strong attention to detail & strong organization skills;
- strong database management experience & self-confidence to learn & fully utilize the StarRez system (experience with StarRez desirable);
- strong people skills, a friendly and approachable demeanor, and the ability to calmly de-escalate difficult situations;
- experience with and commitment to supporting diverse, inclusive, and equitable communities;
- the ability to work independently with self-motivation & flexibility while at the same time the ability to work positively & collaboratively as a member of a highly-developed, enthusiastic professional team;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite; understanding of internet for marketing and website updating (WordPress desirable); ability to quickly learn additional specialized college software/databases;
- previous supervisory experience (desirable);
- bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience, or equivalent education & experience.
This is a year-round, administrative position. Typical hours are M-F 8:30am-5pm; some evening & weekend hours will be required. The person in this position will occasionally visit some residential housing areas that are only accessible by stairs. The position is in job group 3-C; salary begins in the mid-$40,000’s. The salary range has some flexibility, commensurate with experience. Resume/Cover Letter review will begin on March 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown