Director of Enrollment Research and Evaluation
University Code 24914 University Title Senior Administrator 1, Information Technology University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search National Working Title Director of Enrollment Research and Evaluation Position Number 574410 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Division of Strategic Enrollment Management Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for SEMSS Strategic Initiatives and Project Management, this position leads the Office of Enrollment Research and Evaluation ( ERE ) for the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success ( SEMSS ). The office provides critical research, evaluation, data analysis, complex reporting functions, and recommendations to division leadership, supporting informed operational data-driven decisions for the essential functions of enrollment management.
The director leads the office in researching enrollment trends, providing predictive analytics, reporting on division outcomes and trends to internal and external constituents, developing assessment strategies in the division, and evaluating the return on investment of division programs and initiatives. ERE also provides timely analysis and information to division leaders about emergent issues that may affect recruitment, enrollment, retention, various student services and other critical campus operational areas. The office provides automated daily reports to leaders in admissions, financial aid and scholarships, and enrollment management to help meet their operational needs. The director also serves as the division liaison with Institutional Research and other offices related to data integrity, data governance, analytics, and technology, as they relate to enrollment research and evaluation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Enrollment Research and Evaluation Activities
● This position oversees enrollment research for the division. This includes strategizing with division leaders and key VCU stakeholders on areas in need of further research, prioritizing these needs based upon division and university objectives, developing the research methods, conducting the research, and disseminating the results. This oversight also includes maintaining a knowledge of national and international trends and best practices in enrollment management, student success, and research.
Strategic Guidance and Recommendations
● Provides strategic guidance based upon data and research to Vice President for SEMSS, Senior Associate/Associate Vice Presidents, and other division leaders.
● Collaborates with division leaders to provide insight and guidance into proposed areas of growth, based upon research and institutional data.
Division Assessment and Evaluation
● This position works with division leaders to establish assessment and evaluation strategies and oversees the implementation of those strategies. These strategies can include evaluating the return on investment of recruitment strategies, evaluating the effectiveness of financial aid programs / processes, conducting evaluations of division programs, and assisting leaders in the development of continuous improvement plans.
Leadership and General Supervision
● Provides leadership and supervision for ERE staff including Research Analyst(s) and other part-time positions as needed.
● Provides regularly scheduled meetings and written/verbal communications.
● Documents all data procedures and guidelines in writing and regularly reviews and updates for accuracy and improvement.
● Sets expectations that are clear, well communicated, and relate to the goals and objectives of the division.
● Provides frequent, constructive feedback to staff and other collaborators.
● Ensures staff have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to accomplish goals.
● Manages staff performance following best practices and VCU standards to support effective and efficient staff while continuing to build their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
● Keeps Senior Leadership apprised of activities, issues, concerns, and problems of relevance.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● Master’s degree;
● Five (5) years of progressive data analytics, evaluation and/or experience;
● Experience working closely with senior level administration;
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
● Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal communication skills;
● Effective research, data analytics, and evaluation skills;
● Effective ability to present data and information to diverse audiences;
● Knowledge of data analytics and programming techniques and tools;
● Works well with others;
● Works well under the pressure of deadlines while managing multiple projects;
● Knowledge of the general operational policies and procedures of a University and within the departments that comprise the division;
● Knowledge of the vision, values and mission of the division and University.
Preferred Hiring Standards
● Doctoral degree complete or in progress;
● Higher education experience including experience with enrollment and/or student data;
● Experience supervising staff;
● Significant hands-on experience extracting, analyzing, and interpreting data from student information systems including Banner, PeopleSoft, Slate;
● Experience with SAS and other business analytics tools.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience. Application Process/Additional Information
Applications received by March 14, 2021 will be given preference.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday 8-5 Job Open Date 02/12/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103569 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond