ATSU - Biostatistician
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Biostatistician on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This position reports to the Senior Biostatistician. The Biostatistician will assist the Senior Biostatistician in consulting with researchers to recommend research designs and statistical analysis plans and perform and interpret complex analyses. The Biostatistician will use statistical and medical understanding to assist in proposing and performing additional appropriate analyses as indicated by the Senior Biostatistician; write summaries and statistical texts for study reports and manuscript publications; prepare methods sections and analysis plans for incorporation into abstracts, posters, manuscripts, and grant applications; collaborate in the experimental design of research projects; recommend appropriate statistical methodology for a variety of research projects; and provide technical assistance, consultation, and advice on statistical analysis, methods, and techniques for research studies under the direction of the Senior Biostatistician.
Major Job Duties
- Assist researchers with research design/methodology, statistical collaboration, research manuscript preparation, and scientific research presentation under direction of the Senior Biostatistician.
- Provide and support statistical analyses of research projects.
- Work with all University researchers to facilitate and develop research projects and formulate grant/contract applications for research and scholarly activity.
- Assist the Sponsored Programs office in the identification of research funds and management of funded projects.
- Serve on/work cooperatively with research regulatory compliance committees.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- To provide statistical assistance in the design, execution, and analysis of research protocols.
- To assist researchers in the analysis of data resulting from research studies.
- To provide assistance in the production of research grants, manuscripts, and other research publications.
- To assist in securing external funding for research activities.
The Biostatistician must be familiar with basic research design/methodology; basic statistical analysis including summary statistics, statistical tests and/or models, and sample size and power calculations; government grants and contract guidelines; and research compliance issues.
Master's degree required in biostatistics, statistics, or related field.
Previous consulting experience is preferred.
Computer literacy to evaluate study designs and accomplish the actual statistical analyses; manuscript preparation and scientific research presentations; excellent judgment and ability to communicate and work closely with experienced researchers, institutional officials, and company representatives; familiarity with government and private grants and contracting; and the ability to work well under deadlines.
The Biostatistician must be an individual who is capable of being mentored by the Senior Biostatistician; assertive yet tactful; and can work as a member of the biostatistical team, or one-on-one, or in group settings. The Biostatistician must have the ability to work well with diverse professionals both on and off campus (e.g., government officials; basic science, clinical science, and health professions faculty; institutional administrators; private funding personnel, etc.).
Sense of humor is an asset.
Overtime required when necessary.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville