Office Coordinator - (STA006920)
Coordinates office activities for a unit, typically processing payroll and personnel documents and maintaining related records. Purchases office supplies, and coordinates mail, shipping and receiving, and telecommunications logistics. May administer operating accounts and federal and state grants and do monthly reconciliations. May coordinate the work of clerical support assistants and/or student workers.
- Coordinating the activities of clerical staff in performing general office duties.
- Processing payroll and personnel transactions, and auditing and maintaining accurate records on same; preparing or assisting in preparing Position Action Requests (PARs).
- Monitoring personnel budget and expenditure activities on unit accounts; advising supervisor of status of accounts; distributing and processing timesheets.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for faculty and/or staff and processing travel reimbursement forms.
- Assisting faculty and/or staff with personnel-related issues, such as health insurance, direct deposit, holidays, training programs, and so forth.
- Ordering office supplies and materials, and maintaining an adequate stock at all times.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
In addition, the selected applicant will provide general office assistance to the director; provide administrative support for faculty and staff; manage multiple clients in a fast-paced office environment; coordinating and scheduling of student activities--primarly recitals--and programs; experience with Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and PeopleSoft; will be a team player who brings a collegial problem-solving approach to a vibrant and active School of Music; and will be a passionate, energetic, and tenacious professional dedicated to excellence in the arts.
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston