Assistant Director, Center for Student Involvement - (STA006947)
Provides leadership and coordination of one or more focus areas within the Center for Student Involvement; advises fee funded student organizations and/or special commissions/committees; and supervises professional staff and graduate students.
- Manages and coordinates one or more focus areas within the department, providing leadership, technical support and effective management.
- Advises one or more fee funded student organizations and/or special commissions/committees providing guidance on organizational development, program planning, event management, policy interpretation and implementation.
- Provides assessment, long-term planning, and fiscal management to one or more fee funded student organizations and/or special commissions/committees.
- Assists with budget planning, analysis, and reporting for the Center for Student Involvement.
- Provides direction and supervision to professional staff, graduate assistants, and student workers, including evaluations, training and development.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team for the Center for Student Involvement; participates in long-term planning and assessment in support of implementing the department's mission and vision; assists with annual reports and budget presentations.
- Plans and implements programs, events, educational sessions and conferences; serves as committee chair for events.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 yeaer degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.