Director of Clinical Education
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF Physician Assistant Studies
Search Contact: Erich Grant, MMS, PA-C
Position Summary: Randolph-Macon College invites applications for the inaugural Director of Clinical Education for its developing Physician Assistant (PA) Program. This is an exciting opportunity for a collaborative and energetic clinically-oriented candidate. The Clinical Director will perform tasks as a principal faculty member as well as work alongside the Program Director to develop policies and curriculum related to the clinical phase of the program, ensure ARC-PA compliance, recruit and retain clinical preceptors, provide faculty development to the clinical preceptors, and perform ongoing site monitoring at each Supervised Clinical Practice Experience (SCPE) site. The Clinical Director will serve on PA Program committees such as curriculum committee, committee on student success, admissions committee, assessment committee, accreditation committee and inter-professional education committee.
Institution Information: Randolph-Macon College, founded in 1830, is a selective, primarily residential liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 students located in the northern suburbs of Richmond, Virginia. It is 90 miles south of Washington, DC and 15 miles north of Richmond. The College seeks employees committed to advancing inclusion and equity and to cultivating a community that welcomes all people, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
- Curriculum development, assessment/mapping and revision
- Classroom and laboratory instruction
- Academic and professionalism advising
- Remedial instruction
- Student recruitment and retention
- Inter-professional education
- Development of principal faculty
- Assessment development
- Ongoing program self-assessment
Professional activity and service responsibilities comprise the remainder of effort. This position is a full-time, twelve-month appointment. The position includes opportunity for clinical practice or professional activities related to the program.
- A master’s degree relevant to graduate medical education (MMSc, MPAS, MEd, or comparable)
- 3 years ofPhysician Assistant education experience
- 3years of clinical practice experience
- Board certification (without interruption) and a Virginia medical license or other state license and eligibility for Virginia license
- The ability to obtain and maintain professional liability insurance coverage
- A doctoral degree relevant to graduate medical education (DHSc, EdD,DMSc, PhD, MD, DO, or comparable)
- Previous experience in PA education leadership such as Program Director, Academic Director, Clinical Director, Medical Director or other Director level role.
- ARC-PA, SACS-COC or other Regional accreditation knowledge and experience
- Research experience
- Publications in scientific journals
This position is a 12-month, full-time appointment with academic rank. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualification. Start date is negotiable.
A complete application must include the following:
- Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- A brief (one page) statement of educational philosophy;
- A summary (five pages) of teaching accomplishments;
- A brief (one page limit) statement of research interests;
- A brief (one page) statement describing past, present, and planned future contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and teaching effectiveness; please indicate the teaching reference in your letter of application). Please do not ask references to submit letters of recommendation; the committee will conduct reference checks by phone.
Review of applications will begin after January 4, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications must be received by April 1, 2021. While applications may be accepted after this date, it is not guaranteed that they will be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the search committee.
Applications should be emailed to Sabrina Granderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) Subject Line: Director of Clinical Education. For specific inquiries about the position, please contact Erich Grant (email@example.com).
Randolph-Macon College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Apply for Director of Clinical Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly