Faculty Position in Media, Communication & Culture
International Christian University (ICU) is a private, bilingual university that provides a first-class liberal arts education in a culturally and religiously diverse international community of students, faculty and staff. ICU’s educational mission is based on Christian and democratic principles. ICU has approximately 3,000 students and over 150 faculty members from Japan and overseas. The university is located on a wooded campus in the suburbs of Tokyo.
We are pleased to announce an open search for a full-time faculty position in the Department of Society, Culture and Media with a particular focus on communication, media, and language and society. The successful applicant is expected to teach general education, foundation, and area major courses in the College of Liberal Arts, as well as courses in the Graduate School.
1. Ph.D. or equivalent in communication studies, media studies,
sociolinguistics, or a related field is required.
2. Motivation to carry out innovative interdisciplinary research and liberal arts education in response to rapid social changes.
3. Language of instruction: Japanese and English (Ability to teach and direct students writing senior theses in Japanese language is required.)
4. Christian (of any denomination). In exceptional circumstances, a non-Christian who affirms ICU's Christian ideals and commits to realizing them may be considered.
Application and Selection Process:
1. Register your application online: https://business.form-mailer.jp/fms/9ce62bcc138454
2. Submit all the application materials online as described below. b3. After documentary screening, short-listed candidates will be requested to give a lecture and will be interviewed.
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. List of Academic Publications (Do not submit actual publications unless requested.)
3. Name and contact information of three academic referees and one church minister/leader who can testify to the applicant's commitment to Christianity. We will approach your referees as necessary. (In the case of non-Christian applicants, please include within your cover letter a statement on your affirmation of ICU's Christian ideals and your commitment to realizing them. In this case, a pastoral reference is not necessary.)
4. Cover letter describing why you are applying for the position.
URL for Uploading: https://www.dropbox.com/request/AaD12mHy34vj1B0Qh28N
* ICU has a contract with Dropbox Education with high security. You do not need a Dropbox account to upload files. Ignore an email message automatically transmitted by Dropbox, notifying the completion of file uploading.
・Format : PDF ・Size : Less than 3 MB (per file)
・Combine the documents into one file if possible.
・File name : Family name_All (e.g. Smith_All)
* If it is not possible to combine the documents into one file, name the files as follows. Family name_CV, Family name_publication, Family name_references, Family name_coverletter.
* If online submission is not possible, please write to the contact person below. Personal information will be treated with confidentiality.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email. Additional information can be found at: https://www.icu.ac.jp/en/news/position.html
Contact Professor Tomiko Yamaguchi (email@example.com), Chair, Department of Society, Culture and Media for inquiries.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Japan
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Japan
- Media Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Japan
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Japan
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Japan