Help Desk Coordinator - Account Specialist
Help Desk Coordinator - Account Specialist
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5678
Location: Facilities Administrative E&G
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full-time (1.0) FTE
Position Summary: The Help Desk Coordinator-Accounting Specialist receives work order requests from the campus community, enters required data into the database, produces and distributes work orders to appropriate managers. Answers questions from the campus community regarding Facilities' services and serves as a liaison between the campus community and Facilities Services shops. Places orders for the department. Supports the Facilities Management staff with various accounting, administrative and clerical tasks. Manages the Facilities Condition Audit software and serves as back up for the Space Planning software. Uses independent judgment to prioritize work load. Maintains filing system of call logs and prepares reports through the SchoolDude computer system. Serves as radio dispatch for the department. Provides backup coverage for co-workers.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receive work order requests and inquiries from the campus community via website, telephone, email, campus mail or in person.
- Review, analyze, prioritize work order requests and issue to appropriate shop manager.
- Respond to emergency work order requests as needed.
- Prepare, review and issue work order reports as requested.
- Serve as primary administrator to update and maintain SchoolDude software system. Coordinate updates and training.
- Create and process requisitions for Facilities Services. Place orders with vendors. Verifies completion of purchase order and correlates receiving paperwork.
- Serve as primary radio dispatch for department.
- Place orders using P-Card and track, per requests from managers.
- Responsible for input utility bills, process monthly recharges and reconciliation, and maintains complex utility spreadsheets.
- Serve as liaison between Facilities and rental house residents.
- Coordinate with external vendors; when they need escorts, information etc.
- Maintain campus 2-way radio inventory and schedule repairs.
- Contact the elevator company when needed and log calls.
- Provide backup coverage for Manager of Administration.
- Responsible for department P-Card processing.
- Responsible for department timesheet entry.
- Maintains the Facilities Web pages.
- Manage and maintain Facilities Condition Audit software.
- Serve as backup for Space Planning software.
- Serve as backup for 25Live software.
- Manage scheduling and provides meeting support, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years' office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, calmly and pleasantly.
- Establish & maintain excellent working relationships.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to dispatch clearly by radio.
- Excellent prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask and manage interruptions.
- Works as a team member in providing services and support to all areas.
- Provide backup coverage for co-workers during staff shortages.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Skilled on personal computer. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. School Dude experience is a plus.
- Ability to learn other software as required.
- Willing to take additional training to enhance and/or learn new skills.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Knowledge of office equipment such as: copier, printer, calculator, fax, 2-way radio
- Ability to teach and oversee student staff.
- Knowledge of general maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of departmental and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
We acknowledge the richness
of commonalities and differences we share as a university
community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that
education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon
We aspire to create respect
for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our
campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our
University community through commitment to diversity in our
recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness
to active engagement among all members of our campus
We act to achieve an
environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full
educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to
prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA