Student Information Center Representative
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a full time Student Information Center Representative (State title: Staff Assistant) to join us at one of our New York state regional locations.
The Student Information Center (SIC) provides comprehensive solutions and on-going support services to inquiries presented online, by telephone or in-person by prospective and current students, and faculty and staff, in the areas of admissions, financial aid, registration, billing and payments. The department develops online tutorials; produces, compiles, and analyzes student service data and offers training-programs to in-college offices to support a student's overall enrollment experience. In addition, the team performs proactive outreach to currently enrolled students eligible for immunization compliance, possessing incomplete FAFSA's (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and those effected by natural (or other defined) disasters. As a central component of 1Stop Student Services, the departments' goal is to empower students with reliable information in the business of being a college student so that they persist throughout their enrollment at SUNY Empire.
The SIC Representative is the primary contact for enrolled and prospective students contacting the college, and is expected to handle multi-channel, high volume inquiries while demonstrating comprehensive, clear communication in a personal and professional manner. Effective representatives are able to clarify enrollment, academic and administrative processes; transfer or escalate inquiries appropriately and utilize college ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) tools. Representatives demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze and resolve inquiries received and work proactively across college departments to remove administrative barriers to enrollment and improve college wide student services.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two or more years' experience working in a contact/call center or student service office at an institution of higher education.
- Functional knowledge of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and college admission, enrollment, registration, and billing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-channel, fast-paced environment.
- Experience providing customer service online, such as Live Chat, and Social Media Platforms.
- Experience utilizing data to improve job performance and/or departmental initiatives and goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to dynamic cross-functional teams.
- Bilingual English/Spanish; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to all Spanish speaking individuals.
- Experience using Banner, ServiceNow, Ocelot, CRM Recruit and/or CRM Advise and Mitel System Software.
- Experience working with adult higher education students.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft 365 suite including SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience creating online support tools and tutorials to support excellent virtual student/customer service.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, including one day from 10:30 am - 7:00 pm
- This position can be located at any of our regional locations in New York state.
- Currently working remote with some scheduled onsite days.
- Designated essential service provider.
- Occasional travel may be required
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the link below:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references