Assistant Professor in Business, Management and Economics
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure track position in the School of Business. Working in cooperation with local and statewide faculty and staff, the successful candidate will provide high-quality educational services to students in a variety of modalities (including online, independent study, and group/residency based courses), engage in an active scholarly agenda, participate in governance, and enhance the college's reputation across the state.
SUNY Empire's School of Business has three departments: (1) Accounting/Economics/Finance; (2) Management/Human Resource Management; and (3) Business/International Business/Marketing. The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate, and a research and teaching agenda that is clearly situated within one of these three departmental disciplinary areas.
The department is seeking to fill the position at the rank of Assistant Professor, but exceptional candidates may be appointed at the rank of Associate Professor.
- Earned doctorate in a business-related discipline regionally accredited US university or comparable non-US university is required for a tenure-track assistant professor appointment.
- Experience with or the potential to mentor and teach adults from diverse backgrounds at the undergraduate and graduate levels, contribute to academic program and course development, participate actively in assessment of student learning outcomes and institutional development, and pursue scholarly interests.
- Possess strong communication and computer skills, and effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning.
- Experience with learning technologies and online pedagogies, and innovative program delivery.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity issues in higher education or through community-based work.
- Previous full-time college teaching experience.
- Experience in business or industry; and those who are capable of teaching a broad range of human resource management courses.
- This position is located in Selden, NY.
- Periodic travel will be required to fulfill college-wide commitments
- Office hours will vary to accommodate student needs, including some evenings and weekends
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Selden
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Selden
- Economics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Selden
- Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Selden