About SUNY Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 50-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 89,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at over 30 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
Empire State College is committed to creating a multi-cultural and inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Enrollment Management (OEM), seeks a full-time Channel Recruiter (State Title: Senior Staff Assistant) to focus on Brooklyn, NY. The Office of Enrollment Management is a dynamic, highly collaborative, student focused division dedicated to providing timely, high touch support through the pre-enrollment lifecycle.
- Provide recruitment leadership for Brooklyn, New York.
- Create, implement and deliver a recruitment plan focusing on enrollment growth within the college's undergraduate, graduate and nursing schools, including specific recruitment channels based on established strategic enrollment targets and goals.
- Implement the recruitment plan that includes outreach, presentations and events that move prospective students from inquiry to application completion, collaborate with other college units to advance the plan as needed.
- Organize events that meets the needs of prospective students.
- Schedule and conduct information sessions and offer personalized advising for prospective students; train staff to deliver information sessions.
- Create and foster a prospective student focused environment.
- Develop and lead a partnership recruitment strategy targeting external businesses and organizations to identify, recruit and enroll prospective students.
- Build relationships and establish feasible enrollment channels for the college.
- Support and enhance enrollment growth opportunities within current partnerships in the region.
- Cultivate leads generated from enrollment channels as part of a collegewide partnership initiative; provide information as to the status of these leads; assist in following up with organizational contacts; maintain database of contacts and results, and support existing organizational relationships.
- Collaborate with the Office of Academic Affairs to align academic programming with partnership needs.
- Serve as the primary liaison to regional community colleges.
- Create and implement an outreach plan for engaging community college transfer advisors, students and faculty in enhancing their understanding of the opportunities at SUNY ESC.
- Support community college transfer events, develop and maintain relationships with transfer offices, and promote the College's articulation agreement program.
- Evaluate recruitment strategy against enrollment goals and make necessary adjustments.
- Contribute to collegewide recruitment strategy via team meetings, projects assigned and collaboration with recruitment team.
- Create reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in higher education, business or non-profit; related to marketing, communications, recruitment, admissions, development or student affairs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- Effective listening, probing and assessment skills.
- Experience working with data to analyze and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in team-driven environment.
- Master's degree.
- Four or more years in higher education and experience in Recruitment, Enrollment Management, Admissions or related field.
- Experience in adult and non-traditional education.
- Experience with CRM and other data management tools.
- Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Travel required within the five boroughs of New York and occasionally to Saratoga Springs
- VISA sponsorship is not available
- Valid driver's license required
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references