Nursing Faculty, Medical-Surgical Expertise
Position Details: Randolph-Macon College invites applications for a full-time tenure-track or non-tenure track position of Instructor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Nursing to begin September 1, 2021.
Institution Information: Randolph-Macon College, founded in 1830, is a selective, primarily residential liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 students located in the northern suburbs of Richmond, Virginia. It is 90 miles south of Washington, DC and 15 miles north of Richmond. The College seeks employees committed to advancing inclusion and equity and to cultivating a community that welcomes all people, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression. Of special interest are candidates who can further the College’s efforts to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The R-MC BSN program accepted the first freshman cohort in 2019. The educational and clinical practice experiences within the Nursing Department are grounded in the core values (caring, civility, inclusivity, excellence, integrity) to achieve the mission of providing a transformative education grounded in the liberal arts to develop resilient nurse leaders prepared to practice innovatively within a dynamic healthcare environment. Nursing faculty are diverse, talented and innovative nursing professionals who will teach in their area(s) of expertise and are committed to academic excellent and diversity and inclusion. The BSN iLEARN program includes integration of Apple technology and iPads to support the the program’s teaching and learning experiences.
Major/Essential Functions: Randolph-Macon College faculty teach, advise, conduct research and engage in scholarship, and serve the college and department. Primary teaching responsibilities will include didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical teaching in the area of medical/surgical nursing. Nursing faculty are responsible for implementing and evaluating the BSN curriculum under the leadership of the Chair.
- MSN for non-tenure track; Doctorate in nursing (PhD or DNP) for tenure track;
- Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or multistate licensure, Virginia eligible;
- Four years of clinical expertise in his/her area of nursing practice expertise as evidenced by their educational, experiential, and/or clinical practice experience;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching;
- Evidence of a commitment to undergraduate teaching and student success; and
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to pedagogical methods that enable students across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups to reach their maximum potential.
- Certification in area of specialty and experience in nursing education;
- Academic teaching experience in baccalaureate nursing program; and
- Experience with nursing education accreditation and nursing course development.
Application Procedures: Applications should be submitted via e-mail to Sabrina Granderson (email@example.com) Subject line Nursing.
The documents that must be uploaded include the following:
- Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A brief (one page) statement of teaching philosophy;
- A brief (one page) statement of scholarship and/or research interests (doctoral applicants) or a brief (one page statement of professional activities [publications, presentations, professional involvement, professional development] (MSN applicants);
- A brief (one page) statement describing past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and teaching effectiveness; please indicate the teaching reference in your letter of application). Please do not ask references to submit letters of recommendation; the committee will conduct reference checks by phone.
Application review continues until the positions are filled. At this time, please only upload the required documents listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the search committee.
Randolph-Macon College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
** Transcripts (scanned copies acceptable) are required of candidates that move to the final candidate on-campus interview cycle.
Apply for Nursing Faculty, Medical-Surgical Expertise
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly