Earliest Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
School of Education
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing a detailed letter of interest and qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, a sample of recent scholarly writings, unofficial transcripts, and names and contact information, including e-mails for three (3) references is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment for an Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction starting Fall 2021.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Pursuing an active scholarly research agenda.
- Teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in teacher education and curriculum and instruction.
- Seeking grant funds to support research and teaching activities.
- Advising and mentoring graduate students.
- Actively supporting local area schools.
- Contributing to the university, the East Texas community, and the profession through service and outreach activities.
- An earned doctorate in curriculum and instruction or related field by date of appointment.
- A minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience in PreK-12 school settings.
- Evidence of university teaching and research activity appropriate for an assistant professor candidate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
All applicants are expected to have a strong research agenda or demonstrate potential for developing a strong research agenda.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated expertise in (a) teacher education/science education, instructional coaching, and school improvement, (b) teaching a mix of hybrid, online, and face-to-face courses, and (c) working with local area schools.
- Sitting, standing, walking, and bending
- Repetitive use of a keyboard
- May work around standard office conditions
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses in Palestine and Longview, as well as a location in Houston.
We encourage you to visit our campus and see for yourself why UT Tyler is where you’ll feel at home—and find your best path.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.