Assistant Softball Coach
Under general supervision, the Assistant Softball Coach will assist the head coach in developing student-athletes academically and athletically for the softball program and contribute to the educational mission of the University by offering direction and instruction in the area of softball athletics.
- Contribute to the educational mission of the University by assisting in coordinating the instruction of student-athletes in the area of softball training and competition.
- Assist with the recruitment of student-athletes for the softball program;
- Provide academic support for student-athletes;
- Provide motivation, counseling, and supervision for student-athletes;
- Monitor study hall, day-to-day class attendance, Early Advantage Program reports and maintain contact with professors regarding students' academic progress;
- Instruct methods and strategies and coach student-athletes in the sport;
- Follow and conform to NCAA, MAAC, and Athletic department rules and regulations;
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the University. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
% of Time
70% Provide teaching and instruction as well as individual team instruction for the fundamentals of softball and developing skills; recruit potential student-athletes for the softball program. Follow and conforms to NCAA rules and regulations;
15% Monitor study hall, day-to-day class attendance, Early Advantage Program report and maintain contact with professors regarding students' academic progress;
10% Provide guidance and advice to student-athletes;
5% Complete NCAA, MAAC, and department compliance paperwork.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of coaching and teaching techniques and the ability to effectively use them.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries, and communicate with others by telephone.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
- Knowledge of recruiting techniques and the ability to effectively use them.
- Proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: computer keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, copy machine and fax.
- Knowledge of academic eligibility rules.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of university business.
The functions of the position usually performed sitting but may require some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, cutting, labeling, and taping involve extensive wrist and hand movement. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.
- Bachelor's degree or high school diploma with high-level amateur or professional playing and/or coaching experience required.
- At least one year of experience coaching softball at the high school, college, or higher competitive level.
- A valid New York State driver's license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.
- Must pass NCAA recruiting exam within the first year of employment.
THE UNIVERSITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, REASSIGN OR COMBINE POSITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Niagara University
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Niagara University
- Recreation & Leisure Studies Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Niagara University