Lecturer-IR, Sport & Physical Education
The School of Education (SOE), Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA invites applications for a full-time, fixed-term faculty member at the rank of Lecturer-IR to teach undergraduate courses in the Department of Sport and Physical Education. Possible teaching assignments may include but are not limited to: Anatomy and Physiology Labs, Physiology of Exercise Labs, Exercise Testing Labs, Structural Kinesiology, Special Populations and Exercise, Exercise Prescription, Health and Wellness, Fitness Specialist Capstone, Exercise and Sport Psychology, Introduction to Kinesiology and Sport Management and coordination of internships. Advising of students and participating in department work and meetings, as well as SOE meetings and committee work is part of the role of this position. Interested candidates would be joining a supportive faculty focused on student development and learning. We seek a candidate who will complement and possibly expand our strengths in areas that support the institutional mission of educating students for lives of leadership and service for the common good. We encourage applications from women, members of minority groups, protected persons, and others committed to expanding the diversity of the profession.
- Teach 24 semester credits during the academic year
- Collaborate with department and School of Education colleagues
- Advise students within the Kinesiology and Sport Management programs, as needed
- Master’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or a related field
- Completed graduate coursework within the following areas: Exercise Testing and Prescription, Exercise Physiology
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Evidence of teaching excellence
- American College of Sports Medicine or National Strength and Conditioning Association certification
- Experience working in laboratory settings (e.g. Anatomy and Physiology, Physiology of Exercise, etc.)
- Completed graduate coursework in Biomechanics
- Experience engaging with diverse communities, and an investment in social justice, equity, and inclusion as evidenced by prior innovative and successful strategies.
To apply, please visit our website at www.gonzaga.edu/jobs. Applicants must complete an online application.
Questions about the position may be directed to Dr. Boe Burrus, Sport and Physical Education firstname.lastname@example.org . Please contact Human Resources at (509) 313-5996 with any technical or application questions. The position closes March 16th, 2021 at midnight, PST.
Materials required for application:
- Cover letter should address the following:
- Relevance of your academic training to the position.
- Fit with Gonzaga’s Jesuit, Catholic, and humanistic tradition.
- Personal philosophy of, and commitment to, teaching and advising.
- Personal commitment to leadership and service within the profession.
- Experience with social justice and equal access within an educational context.
- Additional qualifications you would bring to the position.
- Curriculum vitae
- A copy of all university transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Gonzaga University belongs to a long and distinguished tradition of humanistic Catholic and Jesuit education. The School of Education upholds the University tradition and exemplifies it through its dedication to preparing socially responsible professionals who serve with competence, commitment, and care. The department builds upon the University’s values as it serves students who wish to address the educational challenges and opportunities inherent in a changing world.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane