Relief Trouble Shooter
Relief Trouble Shooter
Department: Mechanical Services and Central Heating
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Work Schedule: To be determined
Employee Type: Service
Posting Date: 02/11/2021
Union Representation: SEIU
Posting Number: SS028P
Pay Rate: $22.46/hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Maintenance, repair and up-keep of plumbing fixtures,
electrical fixtures and devices, HVAC components and fire
protection systems in all campus buildings.
- Assists with the daily operation of the pool.
- Performing minor repairs and adjustments to heating and cooling
units, preventive maintenance tasks, inspecting fire extinguishers
and responding to calls initiated by the CRC.
- Performs weekly and/or monthly inspection of water gauges on
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the maintenance and care of
facilities in a similar environment is required. Education and
training may be substituted for experience.
- Must possess knowledge and technical skills for the repair,
maintenance and adjustment of plumbing, heating/cooling and
electrical fixtures, devices and appliances.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively
with customers and members of the CRC.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively in English,
including understanding, speaking, reading and writing is
- Must be able to move, position, place and transport objects up
to and including 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform repeated bending, squatting, stooping,
pushing, and pulling.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a prolonged period of
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders and
- Willingness to work over time as available. Overtime is assigned according to seniority guidelines. Attendance and performance will be considered.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply you will be required to complete the Vassar College Employment Application, including your complete work history and contact information for 3 supervisor references (please: no relatives, friends or co-workers). You will have the option of attaching a cover letter, resume, and additional reference contact information. Review of applications will begin immediately. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Office at (845) 437-5820
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1762.