Dean of Students Position #114450
Dean of Students Position #114450
University of West Florida
The University of West Florida, located in Pensacola, Florida, invites applications for the full-time position of Dean of Students. Position #114450.
The Dean of Students at The University of West Florida serves as an advocate for students, and shares information with students, colleagues, and other interested parties that promote student success, retention, and graduation. The Dean of Students reports to the Vice President for the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer. This position provides oversight for several departments within the division including Case Management, Student Government, Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL), Student Rights & Responsibilities, Argo Pantry, Housing and Residence Life (HRL), University Commons and Event Services (UCES), Educational Research Center for Child Development (ERCCD)and Dean of Students office administration. The Dean of Students is a member of the Leadership Team for the division, responsible for assisting the VP in the development and assessment of division-wide goals and strategic planning. The Dean of Students conducts necessary research and makes recommendations for development/revision of policies, processes and operations; facilitates the behavioral intervention and threat assessment process; serves as the Chief Student Conduct Officer and the Title IX Deputy Coordinator for student-to-student discrimination/harassment issues. The University of West Florida strives toward achieving inclusive excellence and the Dean of Students will support efforts to achieve the university’s strategic goals and diversity goals. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Fostering an inclusive environment for students from all
- Developing key collaborative relationships with campus administrators, faculty, and community
- Strong budget management skills. Responsible for oversight of the Student Affairs budget (E&G, Auxiliary, Concessions, Foundation, Student Fees, and restricted funds).
- Working with the General Counsel's Office regarding compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures and records
- Directing the campus Care team
- Coordinating response to major crisis and other unusual events impacting students within the University
- Provide direction and intervention for students in crisis including working with mental health staff, victim advocacy, and assisting impacted staff and students
- Work closely with Academic Affairs to facilitate the academic conduct
- Reviewing and update Student Affairs related policies
- Be visible on campus, especially in areas where students congregate
Preferred Qualifications: A doctoral degree in College Student Personnel Administration, Higher Education Administration, Educational Leadership, or related field with 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience; or a master's degree in one of the identified areas plus 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience.
For the complete announcement and position description, including qualifications and experience, and to apply please visit https://uwf.edu/offices/human-resources/careers/. Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter, resume or CV, and a list of professional references to the online application.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 annually. Preferred response date for applications is March 16, 2021.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career
The University of West Florida is located in Pensacola, the crown jewel of Florida’s beautiful Emerald Coast, known worldwide for its pristine white-sand beaches. The area is famous for its pleasant climate and location on the Gulf of Mexico and enjoys a comparatively low cost of living. The campus is situated on a 1,600-acre nature preserve where over 12,000 students enjoy the benefits of small classes and personal attention from their professors.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.