Application Analyst III
We are looking for seasoned technology-savvy individuals who
want to be a key contributor in reviewing, analyzing, and
evaluating Information Technology Systems. Willing to dive deep, to
provide top tier operations for a diverse group of production
applications, and be a proactive starter in dealing with business
problems, systems outages, and critical path university strategic
initiatives. Is this you?
The Application Analyst III position at Miami University offers an engaging work environment, at a premier higher education institution, with exceptional benefit packages including healthcare, dental, and tuition reimbursement plus many other excellent resources to help our employees balance their professional and personal lives.
Our Application Analyst III team members will be expected to
learn and instruct others in utilizing different tools, processes,
and services, as well as work with and be mentors to peers to
understand and support the systems under their
Key duties include:
• Troubleshoot escalated issues for various software, services and processes.
• Identify application defects or system constraints and escalate for resolution.
• Respond to system health and performance alerts, take corrective action and suggest future mitigations.
• Collaborate with peer teams to identify and implement project operational needs and ensure sustainable, quality outcomes.
• Participate in change management practices.
• Create tools to automate routine tasks.
• Engage with development and infrastructure teams to proactively address service deficiencies.
• Recommend changes to improve the architecture of individual applications.
• Recommend steps to improve the design of applications including testing, observability and integration.
• Identify and create new knowledge content for procedures and user support.
• Lead incident resolution and project work.
• Investigate and resolve issues with business process and system integrations.
• Monitor systems and application performance in order to highlight problems and implement further improvements
• Perform installation and upgrades of applications on Linux and Windows Server.
• On call rotation for after-hours critical incidents.
• Participate in personal growth opportunities to grow technically and professionally.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or
a related field, earned by date of hire, and 3+ years of relevant
work experience on Linux or Windows Server platforms.
Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, earned by date of hire, and 5+ years of relevant work experience on Linux or Windows Server platforms.
7+ years relevant experience supporting enterprise systems on Linux or Windows Server platforms.
This position is available to persons who are currently located and authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA
This position is not eligible for H1-B Visa or OPT support. It is not eligible for PERM sponsorship.
The Application Analyst III reports to our Director of
Application Architecture and Operations. We are looking for
individuals with potential and the following qualifications.
• Advanced working knowledge of running applications on Linux and/or Windows Server operating systems.
• Understanding of shell scripting, web development languages, and SQL.
• Diagnosing issues with networking protocols such as DNS, HTTP/HTTPS and TCP/IP
• Basic experience with cloud based infrastructure and services.
• In depth experience across multiple system types with accessing, reading and interpreting error messages and log files to solve application problems.
• Leading engagements with customers to understand, troubleshoot and resolve reported problems.
• Developing documentation that is accessible and easy to follow.