Associate Director of Development, Corporate Relations
The George Washington University Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) Division is seeking an Associate Director, Corporate Relations.
DAR is responsible for leading the university’s alumni and fundraising efforts and seeks to promote a culture of philanthropy throughout the university community, including alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, corporations and foundations, patients and other friends.
Our goal is to advance GWs mission of excellence in education, research, scholarship, and patient care.
The primary role for this position is to advance GW’s relationships with corporate partners in a holistic manner, and support university leadership (President, Deans, and faculty) with strategies for securing awards and gifts to support the university’s strategic initiatives. The position manages a portfolio of corporate prospects and is responsible for soliciting funding (at GW Major Gift level + $50K) for GW’s needs (philanthropy, research, partnerships), as well as stewarding and cultivating new corporate prospects.
- Assist faculty with identifying funding opportunities and best ways of responding to corporate RFPs.
- Develop effective application materials, proposals, case statements, conceptual plans, letters of inquiry, acknowledgement letters, and stewardship reports.
- Develop briefing materials and conduct briefing meetings with university leadership to prep them for corporate visits.
- Travel nationwide to conduct visits with corporate partners and prospects to advance GW’s relationships.
- Host corporate partners on campus for tours and meetings with university leadership, faculty and students.
- Partner with other university offices such as Office of Vice President for Research, Career Centers, School based Development Officers to collaborate on best way to advance GW’s relationship with corporate partners.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Director for Corporate Relations
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree in a relevant area of study plus 3 years of relevant experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal editing at appropriate levels for varied proposal development.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate donors, and interact professionally with institutional representatives.
Apply to: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/81362
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development & Advancement Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.