RITM Mellon Arts & Practitioner Fellowship (Fall 2021, Remote)
The Yale Center for the Study of Race, Indigeneity, and Transnational Migration (RITM) invites artists, media makers, and journalists whose work focuses on race, indigeneity, and/or transnational migration to apply to be a Mellon Arts & Practitioner Fellow during the Fall 2021 term from mid-September through mid-December 2021.
RITM is a university-wide, interdisciplinary academic research center that aims to advance rigorous, innovative research and teaching on key topics of historical and contemporary importance. Building upon Yale’s longstanding strengths, RITM fosters intellectual exchanges that cross institutional, disciplinary, and geographic borders; enrich and challenge academic fields; and foreground perspectives often underrepresented in university and policy circles. Through research, teaching, and programming, the Center deepens and transforms scholarship, supports undergraduate and graduate education, and engages local and global audiences.
While the fellowship will be remote, we strive to incorporate Fellows into the Yale University academic community. To accomplish this, we encourage Fellows to identify one or more potential Yale units beyond RITM with which they hope to engage. These units might be departments, institutes, museums, libraries, or other campus organizations. Fellows will be asked to meet regularly as a cohort via Zoom and may also have the opportunity to present their projects in classes and other campus-wide lectures or performances. Fellows may be invited to campus for a week of in-person research and community engagement. Projects should focus at least in part on issues of race, ethnicity, indigeneity, and/or transnational migration.
- Awardees will receive a $10,000 stipend
-Fellows will be appointed for 3 months from mid-September through mid-December 2021
-Fellows will need to demonstrate that they have their own health insurance
-Decisions are expected to be announced by late May
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- Portfolio sample (maximum 35 pages or 35 minutes of audio/visual content)
- Project Proposal (1000-2000 words)
- Names of campus units or individuals with whom you might engage at Yale *Optional
Questions about the position can be directed to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Fellowship Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New Haven
- Arts Fellowship Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New Haven
- Art Fellowship Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New Haven
- Humanities Fellowship Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New Haven
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Fellowship Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New Haven