Residence Director Full-Time/10 month - Live-In Position (Eligibility List)
Job Title Residence Director Full-Time/10 month - Live-In Position (Eligibility List) Posting Number S794P Classification Title
Provide direct management of assigned residence living area including, but not limited to, leadership, mentoring, student safety and security, and facilities management by performing the following duties. This is a full-time, 10 month, live-in position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned:
1. Assist in developing and maintaining a proactive Residence Life program reflecting the Christian values of the institution through professionalism, creativity, innovation, and efficiency.
2. Assist with room assignments and changes for his/her living area throughout the year and coordinate the check-in and check-out process for the living area.
3. Oversee the Resident Advisors in the planning, administration, and evaluation of programs within the living areas.
4. Assist in the selection and training of Graduate Assistants and Resident Assistants.
5. Provide supervision and on-going leadership development for assigned staff of Resident Assistants.
6. Attend departmental meetings deemed appropriate by supervisor.
7. Participate in Student Services related training and events.
8. Maintain scheduled office hours, and participate in on-call Residence Life duty rotation.
9. Maintain fiscal control of appropriate funds, including but not limited to, RD, staff, living area, and programming budgets.
10. Abide by, understand, uphold, defend, and enforce University policies and Residence Life policies.
11. Respond to and serve as a resource for physical, psychological emergencies with professionalism and sound judgment.
12. Monitor physical (health and safety) conditions of the living area.
13. Regular on-site attendance.
This position supervises Resident Assistants. In addition, this position provides suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring and firing, and as to the advancement and promotion of Resident Assistants.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
A growing and dynamic Christian faith, which is naturally communicated with words and actions.
A sense of mission and commitment to the personal development of college students.
The ability to recognize and identify the talents of individuals, and relate to others with a sense of caring.
The ability to effectively delegate responsibility.
Proficient in both oral and written communications.
Ability to confront inappropriate behavior.
Effective interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to care for the needs of a culturally diverse student body.
Ability to demonstrate competence in the areas of organization, helping skills, supervision, and programming.
Ability to successfully cope with the intrusions inherent to working and living in a college residence environment.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to regularly make administrative/procedural decisions requiring discretion and independent judgment.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree and/or collegiate residential experience preferred.
Open Date 01/13/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5400 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Residence Life Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside