CTE Student Support Specialist
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
CTE Student Support Specialist
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience
NE Tech, Health & Business
Provides opportunities for students to engage in the career, provides workshops about the Career and Technical Education ( CTE ) programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with students to provide support and assistance to complete the program, and works with faculty on retention and completion activities.
• Collaborates with Career Services to introduce career assessments, information about the career, future job growth, career decision making.
• Provides opportunities for the students to gain a better understanding of the expectations of the career while working in conjunction with Faculty
• Attends Advisory Board meetings while assisting the chair with posting minutes in the required GIPWE format.
• Works with faculty to provide workshops on the program pathway and ensure students follow the correct course sequence, to actively engage in the program and to commit to appropriate progression.
• Provides degree audits to all students at the end of the spring semester
• Implements an effective “early intervention strategies” to identify students struggling with their courses, not meeting satisfactory academic progress, or who are uncertain about the career.
• Collaborates with the Counselor and students on academic probation, the implementation of the student success plan.
• Explores barriers and help students learn about resources (help with transportation; funding to complete licensure exams; time management).
• Works with Graduating Outreach specialist to identify students within 12 hours of completion and to inform students of required courses to compete degree.
• Assists students with required paperwork for graduation.
• Works with appropriate campus staff to provide CTE tutoring assistance and to assist students with forming study groups.
• Develops and implements systems to track students/remain in contact with students to identify information for required state reports.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• One (1) year of experience working with CTE programs
• One (1) year of experience working with students of diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds in advising, counseling, financial aid, admissions, retention, or student services
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Knowledge of CTE programs with a technology/business focus
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills
• Experience in creating promotional materials
• Experience in organizing promotional events
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Betty A Dalton
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Career Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth