Distance Education Support Specialist (Open Campus) - District
Distance Education Support Specialist (Open Campus) - District
Open Campus (D)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
$5,187 - $6,314
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Department Specific Needs:
Experienced Canvas Administrator
Under the supervision of the area Director, supports, and maintains the courses, users and servers within the entire RCCD Distance Education program, also assists faculty in development and migration of curricula to be taught in an online environment.
An associate's degree from an accredited institution in graphics technology, computing, or a related field is required.
Two years of closely related experience in computer graphics design, web page development, or a related field is required. Instructional or work experience in an educational setting is desired.
Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, and others.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, faculty, instructors, administrators, other institutions and organizations.
Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: .
1. Supports and maintains the virtual servers for Blackboard CE 8.0 and Blackboard Learn Release 9.1 (or current CMS/LMS: Content Management System/Learning Management System) used by the district's academic users.
2. Supports and maintains the Blackboard CE 8.0 and Blackboard Learn Release 9.1 (or current CMS/LMS) servers used to maintain patches & updates for all users district wide.
3. Work with Network Specialist personnel in the installation, programming, testing, and troubleshooting of network applications as needed.
4. Is responsible for the resolution of assigned work orders via forms and requests to resolve user problems & inquiries related to CMS/LMS connectivity, problems and special needs.
5. Provide Admissions and Records with student access logs due to extenuating circumstances/grade challenges/ and to verify Census data reports throughout the district when needed.
6. Provides technical assistance for instructors including instructor CMS/LMS training; provides technical assistance for students; develops, maintains and coordinates web-based, digital and supplemental support content.
7. Develops promotional marketing media, related to department; researches new design techniques to increase knowledge and ability to adapt and use design tools.
8. Provides technical assistance for instructors with various other software and issues.
9. Administration of CMS/LMS courses, courseware and course designers, course instructors, helpdesk user and student accounts; monitors for operational and licensing status; creates course shells, course back-ups, restores, migrates and resets course content; maintains courses and CMS/LMS courseware; provides timely general and emergency maintenance notifications related to CMS/LMS; uploads and maintains all user information in CMS/LMS database.
10. Provides individual training on various software as requested.
11. Upgrades, updates, and helps maintain staff desk PC's.
12. Produce video content for Distance Education department; content is specific to training, tutorials, promotional marketing and related educational technologies and media for Distance Education based instructors.
13. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
14. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
15. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm (Overtime as needed)
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Please attach your transcripts - highest degree earned
Optional Applicant Documents:
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: April 2021
Open Until Filled
*First review of applications will take place during the first week of March. It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 3rd or 4th week of March.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: