Associate Dean of Research, School of Nursing
The George Washington University (GW) School of Nursing invites applications for an Associate Dean for Research to begin as early as July 1, 2021. The Associate Dean of Research provides strategic leadership to support development of capacity and excellence in achievement of the School’s research goals and objectives. This is a full-time (12-month) tenured position with rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing strategic research goals for the school and university, including growth in funding, submitted proposals, and number of investigators submitting proposals.
- Provide research career mentoring for tenured and tenure-track faculty
- Provide support and research technical assistance for non-tenure track faculty
- Foster research collaborations between the School of Nursing's investigators and those within other GW schools, departments, centers, and institutes as well as community entities.
- Advise the dean on opportunities to develop research centers or institutes within the School of Nursing, or jointly with other schools, based on faculty expertise and research productivity.
- Oversee the School's research budget, and evaluate and advise the dean and finance director on cost sharing requests, waivers of indirect cost recovery, and non-sponsored research activities.
- In collaboration with other Associate Deans for Research, oversee the work of research administrators as it relates to pre and post award functions and research compliance.
- Represent the interests of the SON researchers on University committees such as those of university strategic planning, the faculty senate, the research ecosystem review process, the office of the vice president for research, the research advisory committee, leadership of the associate deans for research, and other ad-hoc committees
- Advocate for adequate resources to support the development and conduct of research within the university
- In collaboration with the Assistant Dean for the PhD program, provide research support to PhD students to submit research proposals for funding.
- In collaboration with the Director for Marketing and Communications, promote the visibility of School of Nursing research within the School, University, and within local, regional, national and international nursing organizations and communities
- Advise the dean regarding the need for strategic research faculty hires and participate in the recruitment and selection of research faculty hires.
- Serve as the SON liaison on research matters with internal and external constituents
- Advise the Dean on national research trends and implications for the School of Nursing and any additional duties that may occur as this position evolves.
Applicants must have: (1) an active program of independent and sponsored research in one or more of the following areas: aging, chronic care management, community health, health disparities, health policy and/or oncology; (2) PhD or equivalent research doctoral degree (e.g. ScD) in nursing, public health, public policy or a related field at the time of application; (3) a nursing degree (any level); (4) leadership or administrative experience; (5) a track record of external funding indicative of the potential to sustain a program of research; (6) an established body of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in high impact journals; (7) experience in mentoring emerging scholars (junior faculty and graduate students); and (8) experience working with and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment; and (9) eligibility for RN licensure in the District of Columbia and Virginia.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Health & Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Nursing Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.