Assistant Professor of Biology/Academic General Faculty
The Department of Biology at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, invites applications for a non-tenure-track General Faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. The primary responsibilities of the position involve instruction and oversight of a two-semester sequence of undergraduate Human Anatomy and Physiology lecture and associated laboratory sections. Enrollment in the course over both semesters is approximately 500 students. The successful candidate will also design and teach additional Biology courses in their areas of expertise. Teaching load is three course sections per semester or their equivalent. Start date for the position is August 25, 2021.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will be full-time (9-month academic year) salary with full-time benefits. The term of this appointment will be for three academic years with the possibility of renewal.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRMENTS: A Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in Biology or a related field is required by appointment start date. Undergraduate teaching experience in anatomy and physiology and a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence are required. Preference will be given to candidates with a record of scholarship in anatomy, physiology, and related disciplines, as well as experience instructing large lecture and laboratory classes, developing and implementing innovative teaching methods, and fostering an inclusive and equitable learning environment.
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Assistant-Professor-of-Biology--General-Faculty_R0021885 and upload the following required materials:
- CV summarizing teaching and research experience in anatomy, physiology, and related areas
- Cover Letter summarizing interest in the position, qualifications, and previous experience
- Names and contact information for three references
- Teaching Statement highlighting teaching philosophy and evidence of effective teaching
- Diversity Statement highlighting commitment and contributions to fostering inclusion and equity in science and in the classroom
- A Syllabus of your design from a course focusing on anatomy, physiology, or closely related areas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application materials submitted by March 9, 2021 will receive full consideration. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
For questions about the position, please contact the search chair, Robert Cox, at email@example.com
For questions about the application process, please contact Rich Haverstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on the benefits available to members of the academic faculty at UVA, visit hr.virginia.edu/benefits
UVA assists faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area. To learn more please visit https://dualcareer.virginia.edu/ For more information about UVA and the Charlottesville community please see http://www.virginia.edu/life/charlottesville and https://embarkcva.com/
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlottesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlottesville
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlottesville