Full-Time Lecturer - 1 Yr Appt - Literacy Education
Literacy Education (Full Time, Non-Tenure Track)
Central Washington University – Ellensburg, WA College of Education and Professional Studies Department of Education, Development, Teaching, and Learning Job Description The Department of Education, Development, Teaching, and Learning (EDTL) at Central Washington University (CWU) invites applications for Full Time Non-Tenure Track Faculty in Reading/Literacy. The Department of EDTL has approximately 15 full-time faculty and offers undergraduate who offer undergraduate majors, minors and/or teaching endorsements in Bilingual Education/Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Literacy, Middle Level Education, Gifted Education, and Special Education. EDTL also offers graduate and/or advanced certificate programs in highly capable, bilingual/TESL, special education and literacy (Reading Specialist). Faculty and staff are committed to ensuring graduates are prepared to be outstanding educational leaders and facilitators of learning who demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to educate and work within a diverse school population.
a) teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Reading/Literacy/Language Arts;
b) program development/refinement
c) attend classes as scheduled
d) preparation of student materials for classes
Education faculty are expected to demonstrate a commitment to a constructivist philosophy, keep abreast of current and emerging education trends (e.g., performance-based program assessment, educational technology), and possess an understanding and commitment to the principles of diversity. Distance education, online, and off-campus teaching are expected. Faculty will integrate CWU’s commitment to diversity and create a learning environment that is welcoming, accessible, and inclusive for all students. Required Qualifications
· Master’s Degree in education with specialty in reading/literacy/language arts or highly related emphasis
· Three or more years teaching experience at the pK-12 grade level in reading/literacy/language arts or related field
· Ability/Experience teaching a variety of reading/literacy/language arts courses at the college level
· Possession of or eligibility for a valid teaching certificate for any US state
· Experience in pK-12 program and professional development
· Research, teaching, service or other experience that has prepared the candidate to contribute to CWU’s commitment to the engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse students.
· Involvement in professional literacy/reading/language arts associations
· Experience with distance, hybrid, and on-line educational systems
· Experience with a range of age levels, diverse populations, and rural settings
· Ability to incorporate multicultural perspectives and issues into curriculum and classroom conversations.
How to Apply:
To review the completed position announcement and to apply online, visit: https://careers.cwu.edu/
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on March 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Position: Full-Time Non-Tenure Track, 9-month Appointment. Additional Summer teaching may be available.
Anticipated Start Date: September 15, 2021
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, according to the United Faculty of Central Collective Bargaining Agreement.
CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY: Located in the heart of Washington State, Ellensburg is approximately 100 miles and under 2 hours away from the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue metropolitan area. CWU is one of three state-supported comprehensive regional universities in Washington State. Offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees in more than 135 majors, the university enrolls approximately 12,300 students and has a faculty-student ratio of 17:1. With its robust focus on inclusivity and diversity, CWU has enrolled 36% minorities and graduates the largest percentage of Hispanic/Latino students of any public baccalaureate institution in the state. Excellence in teaching is the core of the university’s mission, and faculty engage in scholarship, invention, and creative activity to support teaching, to advance knowledge, and to provide outlets for creative expression. Further information about the university is available at www.cwu.edu. For more information about the community in Ellensburg, visit http://www.cwu.edu/community
CWU is an EEO/AA/Title IX/Veteran/Disability Employer. For accommodation e-mail HR@cwu.edu