Job ID: 223839
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
9920401 - Armstrong Facilities Operations
Install, maintain, and repair campus heating and air conditioning systems, units, and related equipment. Perform skilled work in installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of food production equipment in compliance with all state, federal regulations and trade codes.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Repair pneumatic controls and calibrate thermostats
- Comply with State and Federal requirements for use, handling, and transport of all refrigerants
- Maintain inventory as to eliminate down time in production
- Select materials and equipment at a competitive price
- Keep daily log of time spent on each job and materials used
- Follow all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Attend safety meetings
- Maintain, repair and clean tools, equipment, assigned service vehicle, boiler rooms, and work areas
- Install, maintain, repair, and overhaul commercial and residential heating and air conditioning equipment
- Replace compressors, fan motors, bearings, and shafts
- Perform preventive maintenance and make daily routine visual inspections of boiler rooms, heating and cooling systems, and equipment in assigned buildings and areas; check fluid levels and belt tightness
- Respond to emergency calls and/or work orders related to air conditioning, heating, hot water equipment, and ventilation systems
- Maintain chillers, cooling towers, boilers, air handlers and other commercial and residential heating and cooling equipment for campus
- Take water samples, and maintain proper chemical levels in boilers and cooling towers
- Maintain medium pressure steam boilers used for heating domestic water and preparation of food
- High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification or ability to obtain and maintain certification within timeline specified by department
- Two (2) years of related work experience
Required Documents to Attach
- Please attach three (3) professional references to the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with tools of trade, and troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to analyze while multi-tasking
- Attentive to detail
- Manage projects to fit budget, deadline and timeline decisions
- Adept at testing, modifying and re-testing
- Provide technical advice to non-technical and technical audiences
- Thorough knowledge of inner workings of heating and cooling units, and refrigerators and freezers
- Knowledge of federal regulations regarding conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Proven mathematics skills
- Perform measurement of mechanical devices and components
Apply Before Date
February 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Maintain valid driver's license
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work performed in indoor and outdoor environments
- Subject to extreme temperatures and exposure to outdoor elements
- Walk, climb, balance, stretch, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and stand throughout day
- Work in confined spaces
- Maneuver up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Work at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 25 feet
- Occasionally required to assemble and work from lifts, scaffolds, and ladders
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223839&PostingSeq=1