Evening Lab Supervisor
Pace University, located in New York City, is seeking an Evening Lab Supervisor to ensure compliance with all University, NYC, NY State, and Federal health and safety rules and regulations in the Department of Biology-NYC. Specifically, the position requires that you maintain an active FDNY C-14 certificate, monitor access to laboratories and chemical storage rooms during the evening hours (between 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM Monday-Friday), and ensure that all laboratories are locked and equipment/gas/water is turned off at the end of the evening. The position may also require management and reporting of laboratory safety emergencies if they arise.
- Provide compliance with laboratory section health and safety regulations for each Dept and for the University; assuring that all laboratory sections are adequately prepared by student aides; assuring that all laboratories are cleaned after the lab sections have ended; providing support for faculty teaching labs in terms of supplies, etc.
- Assure that all laboratory stations are adequately prepared by student aides
- Assure that all laboratories are cleaned after the lab session has ended
- Assure compliance with all safety regulations in the labs.
- Provide support for faculty teaching lab in terms of supplies, document copying, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field is required.
- Must be familiar with and have experience in laboratory and occupational health and safety, preferably in an academic setting.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/16830
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The university also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and a Law School in White Plains.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which can be accessed here. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City