Program Director (65690BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
This position is based at ASU’s Tempe campus. Due to COVID-19,
staff (as of this posting date) are working remotely. When safe to
do so, staff will return to working on campus. Training for this
position may occur remotely.
The Department of Information Systems at the W. P. Carey School of Business is seeking a Project Director to lead and manage the implementation and execution of all program activities for our AZNext Workforce Accelerator Partnership Grant Program within Arizona State University that is sponsored by the US Department of Labor. This highly motivated and creative individual will work closely and collaboratively with our Principal Investigators, faculty, students, staff and employer partners to plan, direct, organize, and execute against project requirements to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes.
- Builds, develops, and maintains collaborative working relationships with project team, participants and employer partners vital to project success
- Works closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders in order to effectively direct and manage day-to-day activities of the grant program;
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages employer partnership outreach, recruitment, enrollment and monitoring of program outcomes and milestones
- Responsible for data collection and reporting activities that inform decisions to maximize project outcomes
- Develops strategy and directs the marketing and preparation of promotional materials for the grant program
- Collaborates with leaders to develop partnerships with employer partners, non-profits, state and local leaders on behalf of the grant program
- Promotes and communicates the program goals and objectives
- Responds to inquiries regarding project interest and status
- Prepares and maintains all status reports including milestones/deliverables, outreach activities, enrollment and participant’s progression
- Works collaboratively with Principal Investigator(s) to engage employers by facilitating workshops, meetings and events
- Proactively identifies, develops and deploys solutions to improve effectiveness of project operations. Utilizes knowledge of project purpose and scope in decision making and risk assessment, understanding impact on outcomes/success
- Directs and participates in travel for prospective employer partner outreach
- Manages, trains and evaluates staff assigned to the grant program
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND eight (8) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Twelve (12) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience directing or planning projects with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Experience planning and implementing work-based learning programs
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience and sensitivity working with colleagues and students from diverse backgrounds and a commitment to fostering an inclusive work and learning environment in which students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Deliver presentations.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices & policies in selecting methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Regular managerial review of results and objectives.
- Use of software and computer equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse) for extended periods of time.
- Travel to host events.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is
one of the largest business schools in the United States with more
than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our
world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of
outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School
welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey
School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business
education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned
faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the
country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Summary of Grant:
Arizona Workforce Training Accelerator Partnership for Next Generation Jobs (AZNext)’s public-private partnership will address Arizona’s acute need for a mid- to high-skilled workforce in Advanced Manufacturing and Information Technology (IT)/ Cybersecurity. AZNext brings employers, a Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) workforce development network, state-level economic development organizations, and industry partnerships, to create a workforce training model replicable across the Southwest and country. Led by Arizona State University (ASU), key innovations in AZNext include: a) the creation of modular, flexible, and progressively higher skill career pathways; b) customization and modularization of ASU digital courseware, and c) next-level collaborations with employers, industry associations and workforce development organizations to provide paid internships, train-to-hire programs, boot camps, pre-apprenticeships and apprenticeships, and simulated work experiences. Both New and Existing Training Programs will be utilized.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Asu