School of Education Director
The School of Education at the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Director to provide leadership with our innovative programs. We deliver standards-based programs through campus-based, distance delivery, partnerships, and other models.
The University of Alaska Anchorage is part of the University of Alaska (UA), a system of major comprehensive universities and community colleges.
Anchorage, with an ethnically diverse population of nearly 300,000, offers a lively intellectual and cultural life, including opera, symphony, theatre, art events, and varied restaurants, recreational and shopping venues. Set between snow-capped peaks of the Chugach Mountains and the ocean waters of Cook Inlet, the city offers ready access to state and national forests and parks, year-round outdoor recreation, and unsurpassed natural beauty.
The Director is the chief academic and administrative officer for the School of Education and is responsible for the following:
- Advancing the mission and vision of the University and the School of Education in a collaborative, equitable, and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives;
- Working with faculty, staff, students, and community partners to promote excellence in teaching, research, and service with a focus on Alaska's unique needs and opportunities;
- Providing leadership, management, and advocacy for strategic and budgetary planning;
- Contributing to faculty and staff recruitment, professional development, evaluation, and employee relations;
- Serving as an innovative and dynamic advocate for the school and its programs among diverse groups of education, business, government, and community leaders and with the general public;
- Overseeing the educational effectiveness of the School’s academic programs through the assessment of student learning and program review and renewal processes; uphold standards of rigor and academic excellence, and oversee and facilitate external accreditation including CAEP and NAEYC;
- Promoting interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, inter-college, and internal collaboration, cooperation, and research across the UA system, and with external partners;
- Coordinating with the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Earned doctorate appropriate to the School of Education
- Service and leadership roles with highly diverse populations of students in P-12 settings
- Current or previous tenured faculty status in higher education
- Administrative leadership experience in program planning and collegial leadership of professionals
- Experience with higher education accreditation systems
- Serving Indigenous populations of students
- Budget management
- CAEP Accreditation in higher education
- Distance education and regional or statewide delivery of programs
- Writing or administration of grants or other external funding
- Leadership and/or teaching experience that includes rural P-12 schools
- Administration experience in higher education
- Experience in collaboration and advocacy with public officials on policy issues.
- Experience with effective and committed work with families, schools, community, and state agencies.
Typical Education or Training: Earned doctorate appropriate to the field of Education. Successful record of accomplishment in leadership, teaching, research, and service at the equivalent of Associate Professor or higher.
Review Date: February 22, 2021
Online application: https://careers.alaska.edu/en-us/job/516159/director-of-school-of-education
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Accreditation Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Anchorage
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Anchorage