Earth Science Faculty - Tenure-track
The Earth Science faculty member is responsible for developing instructional material and teaching a range of earth science courses, potentially including soil science in classroom and lab settings.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing instruction as assigned; conducting and assessing instruction; developing and/or modifying curriculum; assisting students through academic advising; establishing, posting, and maintaining office hours; providing leadership for the development, growth, and support of the College and the assigned area; and undertaking professional community service.
Other duties include supporting the mission, vision and values of the College and policies of the Board of Trustees; serving on various College committees, task forces and other groups; and participating in various official College ceremonies and meetings.
This is a 10-month, tenure-track faculty position scheduled to begin August 2021.
A master’s degree in geology, earth science, or a closely related field is required.
A minimum of one year of full-time, college-level teaching experience or the equivalent adjunct teaching, including college-level geology or earth science, is required.
Applicants must have:
- Experience or ability using evidence-based pedagogies in the teaching of geology/earth science to continually improve student learning.
- Well-articulated understanding of the role of community colleges and of their students.
- Experience or ability in assessing student learning and reporting results for institutional accountability.
- Demonstrated competency with and ability to utilize current technology and Learning Management Systems (LMS) to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
Candidates will be asked to validate teaching experience. A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
Experience teaching in a community college setting is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in hydrology/hydrogeology.
A PhD is preferred.
Apply online by March 4, 2021.
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices. HCC is an EEO and ADA/ADAA employer that values, embraces, and supports diversity in the College community.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Geology & Earth Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air