Program Coordinator Sr (65689BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
This position is based at ASU’s Tempe campus. Due to COVID-19,
staff (as of this posting date) are working remotely. When safe to
do so, staff will return to working on campus. Training for this
position may occur remotely.
The Department of Information Systems at the W. P. Carey School of Business is seeking a Program Coordinator Sr to coordinate and complete multiple tasks and priorities for our AZNext Workforce Accelerator Partnership Grant Program within Arizona State University that is sponsored by the US Department of Labor. As the Senior Coordinator, this highly motivated and creative individual will work closely and collaboratively with the Program Director to engage and interface with stakeholder organizations and lead participant outreach. The Program Coordinator Senior will be responsible for coordinating and leading events for employers and participants, and tracking participants using a Participant Data Management Software.
- Works closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders in order to effectively coordinate day-to-day activities of program
- Coordinates and conducts employer partnership and participant outreach, recruitment, enrollment and monitoring of program outcomes and milestones
- Responsible for data collection and reporting activities that inform decisions to maximize project outcomes
- Conducts participant recruitment, ensuring they are on the correct educational pathway, enrolls participants in employer apprenticeships and continually monitors participant’s progression through the program
- Responds to all inquiries regarding project interest and status;
- Provides inputs on status reports including milestones/deliverables, outreach activities, enrollment and participant’s progression
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with project team, participants and employer partners vital to project success
- Works collaboratively with the Project Director and Principal Investigator(s) to engage employers by coordinating events, workshops and meetings
- Proactively helps identify develop and deploy solutions to improve effectiveness of project operations. Utilizes knowledge of project purpose and scope in decision making and risk assessment, understanding impact on outcomes/success
- Coordinates and participates in travel for prospective participant outreach
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Eight years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience coordinating and planning work-based learning programs
- Experience with outreach and recruitment
- Experience with building connections and opportunities for participants/students/employees
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with database software
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Experience and sensitivity working with colleagues and students from diverse backgrounds and a commitment to fostering an inclusive work and learning environment in which students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive
- Experience organizing events
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Deliver presentations.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices & policies in selecting methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Regular managerial review of results and objectives.
- Use of software and computer equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse) for extended periods of time.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is
one of the largest business schools in the United States with more
than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our
world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of
outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School
welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey
School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business
education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned
faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the
country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Summary of Grant:
Arizona Workforce Training Accelerator Partnership for Next Generation Jobs (AZNext)’s public-private partnership will address Arizona’s acute need for a mid- to high-skilled workforce in Advanced Manufacturing and Information Technology (IT)/ Cybersecurity. AZNext brings employers, a Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) workforce development network, state-level economic development organizations, and industry partnerships, to create a workforce training model replicable across the Southwest and country. Led by Arizona State University (ASU), key innovations in AZNext include: a) the creation of modular, flexible, and progressively higher skill career pathways; b) customization and modularization of ASU digital courseware, and c) next-level collaborations with employers, industry associations and workforce development organizations to provide paid internships, train-to-hire programs, boot camps, pre-apprenticeships and apprenticeships, and simulated work experiences. Both New and Existing Training Programs will be utilized.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu