Chemistry Faculty - Tenure-track
The Chemistry faculty member is responsible for developing instructional material and teaching a range of chemistry courses, including preparatory chemistry, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and a survey course for non-majors, in classroom and lab settings.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing instruction as assigned; conducting and assessing instruction; developing and/or modifying curriculum; assisting students through academic advising; establishing, posting, and maintaining office hours; providing leadership for the development, growth, and support of the College and the assigned area; and undertaking professional community service.
Other duties include supporting the mission, vision and values of the College and policies of the Board of Trustees; serving on various College committees, task forces and other groups; and participating in various official College ceremonies and meetings.
This is a 10-month, tenure-track faculty position scheduled to begin August 2021.
A master’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or a closely related field is required.
One year of full-time, college-level teaching experience or the equivalent adjunct teaching, preferably in a community college setting, is required.
Applicants must have:
- Demonstrated ability to work with related disciplines such as biotechnology, biology, and environmental science.
- Experience or ability using evidence-based pedagogies in the teaching of chemistry to continually improve student learning.
- Well-articulated understanding of the role of community colleges and of their students.
- Experience or ability in assessing student learning and reporting results for institutional accountability.
- Demonstrated competency with and ability to utilize current technology and Learning Management Systems (LMS) to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
Physical requirements include the ability to conduct laboratory exercises and assist students with laboratory skills.
Candidates will be asked to validate teaching experience. A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience incorporating green chemistry principles into a traditional chemistry curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to teach a range of chemistry lectures and labs, with experience with instrumentation such as FTIR, GC, GCMS, and UV-VIS.
A Ph.D. is preferred.
Apply online by March 4, 2021.
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices. HCC is an EEO and ADA/ADAA employer that values, embraces, and supports diversity in the College community.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air