Dean, College of Business Administration
Academic AffairsJob Summary
Applications are invited for the position of Dean, College of
Business Administration (COBA) at the University of New Orleans
(UNO). The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience
with AACSB accreditation, fundraising skills, a history of success
in working within a business community, and the ability to envision
and provide leadership to advance the College of Business
Administration. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
are critical, as are openness, integrity, and a spirit of
The Dean will be the chief executive officer of COBA, reporting to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and will have responsibility for leading the College and managing its resources to accomplish its teaching, research, and service mission. The College of Business Administration (COBA) provides excellence in higher education, research, community leadership, and service. From its renowned business programs to community-involved faculty to acclaimed research centers, students are prepared to succeed in a demanding job market. COBA offers a broad selection of degrees in its four departments (Accounting; Economics and Finance; Management and Marketing; and Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Administration). The College promotes students' self-motivation to excel and guides them toward professional careers and entrepreneurship in an environment of life-long learning.
- provide leadership to students, faculty, and staff that fosters and sustains college-wide excellence in teaching, research, and service, and prepares and supports a professional workforce.
- foster collaboration among faculty and other deans and play an essential role in the University's growth and advancement.
- work with the faculty to articulate a vision for the College and work with the Provost and President to implement that vision.
- actively participate in fundraising efforts, recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty, strengthening undergraduate and graduate educational programs, and creating a research environment that supports faculty's creativity and innovation.
- manage college resources to achieve the teaching, research, and service mission of UNO.
- facilitate communication and collaboration between COBA and its external stakeholders, including alumni, industry, and the greater community.
- evaluate faculty performance and advise the Provost of faculty line recommendations. This includes evaluation of faculty teaching, service, and scholarly activity; performance counseling in cases of unsatisfactory performance; encouragement of professional development including grant proposals; recommendations for sabbatical and other leaves of absence, tenure, and promotion.
- work with the Office of Enrollment Services to recruit and retain students in the business program. In conjunction with the Admissions Office, create a system of communication with current and prospective business students.
- Enhance and execute College's strategic initiatives and contribution to the University's long-term cultivation.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution and a record of teaching, scholarly achievement, service, and other qualifications that merit appointment as a Professor in one of the College's disciplines
- At least three (3) years of successful administrative or leadership experience and significant budgetary responsibility
- External fundraising experience and knowledge
- Experience in AACSB accreditation, program evaluation and review, strategic planning, and programs for student advisement, recruitment, and retention
- Experience with graduate degree programs such as MBA and Executive MBA, non-traditional programs, accelerated bachelors, and study abroad programs
- Excellent record of publications
- Proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively with people across a range of differences and with a diverse range of disciplines and groups
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and University of Louisiana Systems;
- Names and contact information of three references.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kenner
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kenner
- Business Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kenner
- Other Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kenner